Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   sigh, I don't know how much more I can handle... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479556)

MyM&W 01-09-2013 08:32 AM

sigh, I don't know how much more I can handle...

I'm 17 weeks pregnant. Pretty much have been exhausted for whatever reason (waiting to get some blood work done) since I got into the 2nd trimester. I feel like I'm so tired all day long, I wake up fine, but then 2 hours after waking I'm seriously feeling like I'm going to pass out from exhaustion. Half the time I don't even have energy to brush the kids teeth. Come 2:30 when I have to go pick dd up from school I don't even want to get dressed, pretty myself up or anything. I honestly feel like I'm slipping into a dark hole and will never be able to come out. I'm so tired now that I can hardly smile. I barley interact with my children (3yo and 6yo) I find myself yelling more because my temper is so short. To top it off I've had a cold for a week, its one of the nasty ones that seem to linger for 3 weeks (according to the doc). When I'm awake, sometimes it doesn't even feel like I'm really here. It's such a weird feeling. When I'm exercising or something I feel pretty good, but when I'm just relaxing I feel awful. I'm so sick I can barely breath, I get winded easily so the last thing I want to do is exercise.
DH leaves for work at 4:30am and doesn't get home until 6pm. I'm basically on my own to take care of the kids all day, and by the time he gets home at 6, we eat dinner and I'm ready to put the kids to bed by 630-7..which gives them NO time with dh :(

Are any of these depression symptoms? I had depression as a teen and then suffered PPD after ds was born...both required counseling and meds. Should I be worried? I'm hoping that all of this is just worse because of me being sick, getting up to pee all night long and not getting enough sleep. Should I contact the dr about this feeling that I'm going into a dark hole? I don't know how much more I can possibly take. I'm drowning.

Sorry for the pity party and rant...I could honestly just use some encouragement. I don't have many IRL friends, and the ones I do have just seem to be so busy the last month, which isn't helping me. I feel like no one even wants to talk to me, DH has been being a butt head to me also...I've tried to open up to one friend and express to her how bad I'm feeling and told her that just talking to a girlfriend for 20 minutes a day helps me a lot...shes the kind of person that screens calls and doesn't answer half the time..then when you do connect with her she only talks for a couple mins then is so busy with something she needs to go. I'm busy too, but I always make time for my friends...:( Help...:cry:

wordmama 01-09-2013 09:08 AM

I definitely think a trip to the doc is a good idea. It could be something as simple as anemia, but only some bloodwork and a talk with your doc can really know. Given your history with depression, I might go on antidepressants for a few weeks to see if they make a difference.

Do you have anyone who could help with the kids to give you a break? Even paying a local pre-teen to play with the kids while you nap upstairs might work well.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MyM&W 01-09-2013 10:27 AM

Re: sigh, I don't know how much more I can handle...

Thanks mama. I made an appointment for this Friday with the OB. I also am going in tomorrow am for some labs. Hoping to get some answers soon!

happysmileylady 01-09-2013 10:40 AM

The exhaustion you describe sounds exactly like the anemia I have dealt with in each pregnancy. Try some iron supplements. For me, it's like night and day the difference. If you aren't anemic, the iron supplements aren't going to hurt anything, but if you are, they can really help. If you are prone to constipation you will want to try some stool softeners tool. Both have been prescribed by my doc with each pregnancy. Well, I say prescribed, but it was actually OTC stuff, just a generic CVS iron supplement and some phillips softeners.

Yarnjess 01-09-2013 10:48 AM

Are they checking your vitamin D levels? I was super exhausted during pregnancy and had really low vitamin D and my midwife said that was a major contributor to the exhaustion and the fact that it was winter didn't help. Do you go outside much? Maybe getting outdoors for a few minutes most days would help a bit, at least emotionally? I know I get extra cranky when I don't go outside for too long. It's so hard being that tired and being sick on top of it, let alone having to care for two other kids. I hope you get some solutions soon. Just keep taking it one day at a time. Or if that's too much, one hour at a time.

carlycurry 01-09-2013 11:21 AM

It sounds a little bit like a case of mild depression... but honestly, it is probably more so the fact that you're tired from being sick and being pregnant. I have rough days where I feel icky and I know I feel irritable/moody and just disgusted with life on those days... feeling bad just plain SUCKS. I hope the doctor can get some bloodwork and answers for you soon, Ashley!!! :hugs:

canadianbakers 01-09-2013 11:55 AM

It could be depression, but it sounds like there's something causing the fatigue - and the fatigue and lack of energy is causing the depression symptoms, kwim?
I wouldn't jump to trying anti depressants right away. I'd request a full blood panel done, to check for platelet levels, thyroid hormone levels, and iron levels. See if anything pops up there that should be supplemented for.
If that doesn't help, then try anti depressants. It just really sounds like there's something else going on causing it all.

booty hunter 01-09-2013 01:47 PM

I was exactly like that down to the shortness of breath! I seriously had to rest for an hour on the couch to make lunch! Not exaggerating at all. I started taking iron supplements and it was like I had my life back. I used floradix ( it is natural and the prescription ones caused horrible constipation)seriously it was the best thing. I was sure I was dying until I found the floradix you just can't keep going the way I was feeling.

l_Kimmie_l 01-09-2013 02:07 PM

Could be your thyroid too. I am glad you are going in.

MyM&W 01-10-2013 08:33 AM

Thanks to all the new responses. I did go into the local health center and they did some fasting blood work (full panel, thyroid and some other type of panel) I should have the results tomorrow, thankfully I don't have to wait all weekend. I still have an appt tomorrow with a lady at the ob office to discuss my concerns. Hoping for some sort of resolution.