Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dryer times? Curiousity... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479660)

willowmom 01-09-2013 01:01 PM

Dryer times? Curiousity...

Ok so how long does each different type of diaper take to dry in the dryer...I am curious only having ever used prefolds, flats, and pockets...which are usually good to go in a half hour...sometimes a little longer for prefolds..
Also wondering how much time dryer balls save people...is it really as much as they say?
Do fitteds take a really long time? AIO's? I am currently making other types of dipes and am naturally just curious...

rooster2012 01-09-2013 02:06 PM

My AIOs and fitteds both have hemp, so they are not the fastest drying option. I dry them for 90 min on medium in a timed cycle, no wool ball.

marliah 01-09-2013 02:43 PM

Re: Dryer times? Curiousity...

I've been doing my me sandies for 120 minutes on medium with a wool dryer ball. They are semi dry after 80 minutes but still need to line dry overnight, with 120 minutes they are completely dry. I wash and dry about 2 dozen diapers per load. The meos diapers are all set after 80 minutes though.

Flats are more economical on that, I was using all flats and drying about 4 dozen at a time for 70 minutes without a dryer ball (I just found out about those when I switched over to fitteds).

AZmommy 01-09-2013 03:05 PM

I dry low heat for 1 full cycle which is about 1 hour.

thirdtimemomma 01-09-2013 03:06 PM

I dry all my dipes for 48 min on medium. Pfs, BGE, BG, freetimes, staydrys and flip organics. Anything that's not dry gets hung. Usually my BGE.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

sisu 01-09-2013 03:48 PM

I do a 'sensor' cycle on high, it takes less than an hour but I'm not sure exactly how long. Dryer balls cut down my drying time when I had smaller loads because they kept the diapers tumbling instead of letting them stick to the side of the drum - but they really don't do much for larger loads (in my experience, anyway).

ETA - We use Simplex, Peachy Greens AIOs, BG 4.0s and hemp and bamboo prefolds, everything gets dried together.

hilaryisinked 01-09-2013 05:19 PM

I don't put any thought into it. I dry everything on high for 90 minutes (used to be 60 but we use tons of BGE which take longer). I've done that for 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

RNmom926 01-09-2013 06:19 PM

65 min on med heat with 6 wool dryer balls. I use fb os elites, swaddlebees simplex, thirsties hemp prefolds, and joeybunz premium hemp inserts. Everything comes out nice and dry.

Skybaby712 01-09-2013 06:24 PM

I dry mine for about 45 minutes on medium. I always wash a load of regular laundry after I wash diapers.Whatever is still damp (AIOs and fitteds) I just throw in when I dry the next load if normal laundry. I feel like it is a waste to dry the dryer longer for just a few diapers. I use mainly flats, so this routine works well for us.

mrspopo 01-09-2013 07:28 PM

I finally realized I have a drying time pet peeve. Anything that can't get totally dry in our 65 minute cycle on medium heat ends up getting destashed. We mostly have pockets and hemp/bamboo inserts, and several fitteds.