Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Convince me to sell DS' crib (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479670)

NewMommy6111 01-09-2013 01:20 PM

Convince me to sell DS' crib

So DH really wants to hang on to it and I'm not 100% about selling.
My mom & I bought it together when I was pregnant.
He has never slept in it. We had it side-cared for a little while but I ended up sleeping in it more than he did.
There's no reason we wouldn't co-sleep with future children, but we aren't TTC anyways.
It just takes up space but I can't convince myself to part with it :banghead:

Bhavana 01-09-2013 01:38 PM

Re: Convince me to sell DS' crib

What if your next one finds it good enough to sleep in? And what if by the time your second one comes along, your ds hasnt yet transitioned into his own bed? This crib side carred would be perfect then. He might be big enough to be reasoned with to sleep in it.

How about taking it down and storing it at your parents'/anybody close who may have the space for it?

TalkinBoutMyGirl 01-09-2013 01:38 PM

Store it. I wouldn't get rid of it if you plan to have more kids.

tallanvor 01-09-2013 01:40 PM

Yeah, if there's nothing wrong with it, you have the space to store it, and aren't finished having children, I would just store it.

Unless you really need the money now.

solarbabies 01-09-2013 01:42 PM

I am selling ds's crib soon (have a buyer, just waiting for her to get the $ together) and moving him into dd's crib and moving her to a twin bed. Oh, big changes! But this doesn't bother me...we bought his crib used on craigslist. BUT when it comes time to sell dd's crib I am going to have a really hard time. She slept in in from about 3 mths on (she is 2.5 now) and now ds will sleep in it for a while too (he is 11 mths) we bought it brand new when I was preggo with dd. Spent a lot of time finding the PERFECT one. Oh that will be hard! No help here, sorry!

dpelephant 01-09-2013 01:45 PM

If you are planning on more kids, then I would hang onto it (disassemble and store). I just sold my DD & DS's crib last week. I loved that crib, and still think about it, but at this point it was doing nothing but taking up space. It was the right decision for me to sell (plus I made $400!), but it is still bitter sweet and emotional.

P!nkPepper 01-10-2013 11:03 AM

The fastest way to get pregnant is to purge the crib.I did the 2011 items out in 2011. I had my 2011 items gone by mid February (including crib, maternity clothes & most baby items) and by March 7th had a BFP. No we were NOT trying either. Just sayin... if you are not TTC, maybe keep the crib :giggle:

Me personally I am so glad I got rid of that dumb crib. My "Bitsy J" is the best oopsie I never knew I wanted. :wub:

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

leadmare 01-12-2013 01:30 PM

Allow yourself to get a new one if you find you need one. And let this one go. It's ok. :)

homebirthmom 01-12-2013 01:47 PM

haha, i so did this w my first and 12 yrs later I finally got rid of it. so dumb. it cost a fortune and it wasnt needed. I ended up giving it to my friend who needed one.

just sell it and buy something you always needed or wanted!!

NewMommy6111 01-12-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom (Post 16148985)
haha, i so did this w my first and 12 yrs later I finally got rid of it. so dumb. it cost a fortune and it wasnt needed. I ended up giving it to my friend who needed one.

just sell it and buy something you always needed or wanted!!

Lol you think holding on to your oldest's crib is bad? I have my crib from when I was a baby. I'm 22. It's ridiculous! I guess if I get rid of that one, it would make not getting rid of Ds's not so bad. I think I will sell it if I can get time to take pics soon. I have our big bed frame listed on CL right now. We use the mattress & box spring on the floor & have for years.