Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Sept (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   I'm back. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479699)

ashley84 01-09-2013 02:08 PM

I'm back.

I was in the September 2012 DD club. My daughter, Josie, was born on her EDD - Sept 22nd. She's only 3 months old and I'm just downright shocked. We struggled to conceive each time before this. I'm also breastfeeding her exclusively and pumping around an extra 20oz daily. I really didn't think this was possible, but two sticks say otherwise. DH is excited and positive about this. I've gone from devastated when I found this morning, to rather indifferent at the moment. It's hard to believe. I'm not ready for this.

MyKzooFamily 01-09-2013 02:15 PM

Re: I'm back.

CONGATS MAMA!! :hugs:

I have many friends that have babies that close, and even thought it's hard sometimes, they love it. Instant friends and playmates. While I don't have children that close, all of my pregnancies have been that close. I have a 2 year old surro-daughter, 1 year old surro-daughter, and my little DD. All were born in April. So all exactly 12 months apart. I had no problems with my pregnancies, so don't let that part scare you :) Best wishes!!

BabySnickerdoodles 01-09-2013 02:58 PM

Awww... :hugs: mama, and congrats! I am sure its a shock, but I'm also sure that you CAN do this :) They will be at similar stages growing up, and ultimately that will give YOU a break because they will play so well together! Its harder when they are far apart, and they are interested in different games, toys, and movies, and you can't allow the older ones things because there is an infant, etc. I think you'll find the positive aspects of this will pop out at you if you let them, but in the meantime, you are COMPLETELY justified in feeling how you do! I'll be praying the excitement builds, and we can offer you all the encouragement you need :wub:

asteiner18 01-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabySnickerdoodles (Post 16136261)
Awww... :hugs: mama, and congrats! I am sure its a shock, but I'm also sure that you CAN do this :) They will be at similar stages growing up, and ultimately that will give YOU a break because they will play so well together! Its harder when they are far apart, and they are interested in different games, toys, and movies, and you can't allow the older ones things because there is an infant, etc. I think you'll find the positive aspects of this will pop out at you if you let them, but in the meantime, you are COMPLETELY justified in feeling how you do! I'll be praying the excitement builds, and we can offer you all the encouragement you need :wub:

Yes to all of this! My two are 20 months apart so much farther but LOVE to be near each other and play together SOOO well. I hope that this little one won't be to far off from them but they will be so far apart. Prayers that this pregnancy becomes a blessing for you!!

lindsey.leanne 01-10-2013 09:09 AM

Ezra (our barely 7 month old) and the twins will likely only be 14 months apart and I totally understand how you feel. It isn't how I would have planned but due to insurance issues that is how it had to be. It just takes a bit to adjust you expectations. Congrats on a sweet new little one on the way!

AcrossTheUniverse 01-10-2013 09:31 AM

You can do it mama! My DD1 and DD2 are 12 months apart. I was also surprised when I found out I was expecting so quickly but it has worked out very well. They are the best of friends. I actually loved having them so close that I continued the trend with my other kiddos. DS1 and DS2 are 14 months apart and DS2 and DS3 are 16 months apart. :)

mama2Holden 01-17-2013 08:34 AM

It will be ok!! Your dd will have a built in friend. I think it will end up being awesome to have them a year apart. :)