Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I'm 36 weeks and.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479727)

mommycass 01-09-2013 03:43 PM

I'm 36 weeks and....

I've been having contractions since last night after I woke up and vomited. I started timing them at 8:30am and they've been 6-20 min apart all day. The contractions more or less take my breath away but the pain in my lower back hurts during them. Also having menstrual type cramping in between or during a contraction. I've had no appetite but ate soup, granola bars, & fruit. Been feeling nauseous all day and having hot/cold flashes. Usually I have a hot flash during a contraction.
With my last labor I couldn't tell I was in labor because my contractions weren't consistent until really hard labor.
My midwife suggested magnesium and rest or walking, really whatever makes me feel best. I'm hesitant to try magnesium because I'm not sure how my body will respond. I'm planning a homebirth but don't want to go into labor just yet.
Does it sound like I could be sick or having early signs of labor? Oh and I don't have a fever.
Sorry so long, thanks mamas!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-09-2013 03:54 PM

Re: I'm 36 weeks and....

sounds like early on labor, jump in the shower, if the water slows or stops the contractions, it is BH, but with contractions and lower back pain, it sounds like labor to me.

mommycass 01-09-2013 04:01 PM

I've taken 2 showers today and it doesn't help. They continue in the shower.
I know early labor can last days but I'm getting exhausted already:/

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-09-2013 04:05 PM

Days?? eek
I would lay down and just drink cold ice water and log every contraction. When I had my last baby, the dr told me they would not stop my labor if I made it to 36 weeks, I had a hospital birth and cs and history of ptl, I made it past 36 weeks but I guess they consider that FT now? No idea, try and take it easy and log the contractions, if they look to be getting closer and harder, call your mw and have her come check on you.

The Fancy Pansy 01-09-2013 04:07 PM

Sounds like labor! I had take-your-breath-away, can't-walk-or-talk awful contractions with dd for TWO DAYS before they finally regulated. By the time I got to the hospital I was at 6/almost 7 cm.

mommycass 01-09-2013 04:10 PM

I think baby's lungs are most likely mature by 36 weeks. So thats good, I'm just not used to early labor with my other 3 going to at least 40 weeks. If things pick up I'll be calling for sure!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-09-2013 04:14 PM

Good luck mama!!:hugs:

mommycass 01-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy (Post 16136533)
Sounds like labor! I had take-your-breath-away, can't-walk-or-talk awful contractions with dd for TWO DAYS before they finally regulated. By the time I got to the hospital I was at 6/almost 7 cm.

Oh wow! Yeah, my last labor was fairly quick. My DD came about 2 hours once my midwife arrived.

The Fancy Pansy 01-09-2013 04:25 PM

Yeah, if that happens again, I'm not waiting, I'm just going in to get things going. When I had DD2, I literally hadn't slept a wink for over 48 hours, and was just exhausted. Then didn't sleep that night either (due to a pain med). I wasn't even functional.

Turned out, just like my first, she wasn't engaged and was turned slightly to one side, and I guess that's what made me "stall" for so long? :dunno:

mommycass 01-09-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy (Post 16136629)
Yeah, if that happens again, I'm not waiting, I'm just going in to get things going. When I had DD2, I literally hadn't slept a wink for over 48 hours, and was just exhausted. Then didn't sleep that night either (due to a pain med). I wasn't even functional.

Turned out, just like my first, she wasn't engaged and was turned slightly to one side, and I guess that's what made me "stall" for so long? :dunno:

Well hopefully your next labor will progress more quickly! I guess we'll see if my baby comes soon?! I hate the not knowing "for sure":banghead: