Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Poop in every diaper!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479731)

HeatherM0529 01-09-2013 03:58 PM

Poop in every diaper!!

My son just turned one at the end of last month. He has switched to milk and has obviously increased his food amount.

He WAS pooping about 1-2 times a day, for the past week or so he's gone in every diaper during the day. He doesn't go all night and then goes about 6 times during the day. WHY is this happening?

He eats a banana and some oatmeal or a waffle/pancake for breakfast. Lunch is usually a jelly sandwich and maybe some goldfish or something and dinner is what we eat (veggies, protein and carb usually).

He is doing about 20oz of milk a day
No juice or water, he doesn't care for them. He might have a few sips in a day, but not again for a few days later.

He also eats 1 pouch baby food a day to get in more fruits/veggies.

So what's causing it?? It looks normal. Usually ploppable, sometimes more squishy and otherwise he seems fine/acting normal, I just don't want to wipe so much poop!!!

jam's mum 01-09-2013 04:55 PM

Re: Poop in every diaper!!

My daughter went through a phase like this, and now it's down to 2-3 poops daily.

She's just a poopish child ;)

sisu 01-09-2013 05:53 PM

Same thing happened to my son when he switched to regular milk at 15 months - nonstop poop. He also developed some other problems at the same time - eczema, disrupted sleep - so I got rid of the milk and everything went back to normal in about a week. He's almost 3 now and still can't tolerate regular milk. So, for us, it was the milk.

LittleThingsMama638 01-09-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
Same thing happened to my son when he switched to regular milk at 15 months - nonstop poop. He also developed some other problems at the same time - eczema, disrupted sleep - so I got rid of the milk and everything went back to normal in about a week. He's almost 3 now and still can't tolerate regular milk. So, for us, it was the milk.

Yup. My ds did the same thing at one, and it was the milk. He outgrew it around 3.

Kiliki 01-09-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam's mum (Post 16136749)
My daughter went through a phase like this, and now it's down to 2-3 poops daily.

She's just a poopish child ;)

LOL!!

I read the title and thought, "sounds like a healthy kiddo!"

if the poops are normal, I wouldn't worry. :)

HeatherM0529 01-10-2013 07:35 AM

Thanks mamas. The poops are normal! NOTHING else has changed besides more poop, so I don't think Milk is an issue. He's been getting a little milk in each bottle/sippy since 11 months, so I'm not really concerned about an allergy or anything.
He's had no diaper rash, no other rash, no fussiness, no diarrhea, no sleep issues, nothing that would say allergy or sensitivity to me!

Thanks!!