Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MEOS vs. Sandy's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479773)

mbusd03 01-09-2013 07:45 PM

MEOS vs. Sandy's

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a some fitteds for my 15ish lb 4 1/4 month old DS. I've been looking at the Motherease One Size and the Sandy's and can't quite decide on one. I might actually get one of each but I'm not sure which size to get in the Sandy's. How do the sizes run? I would hate to get him a small and not have it fit for very long. I think I saw that the small is up to 20 lbs. and the large is 20 lbs+. Also, do you have a preference between the MEOS or the Sandy or are they both equal in your opinion? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

hilaryisinked 01-09-2013 07:50 PM

I have heard they run big. We had 1, a large, when my DD1 was 18 months old and it was huge on her. I liked it apart from that. I've never tried the one size because every review I read says they are super bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

greencrunchymama 01-09-2013 07:59 PM

Re: MEOS vs. Sandy's

I like the Sandy's. I've heard the MEOS are really big.

joeslittlewoman 01-09-2013 08:03 PM

The MEOS have fit trimmer on my guys compared to Sandy's larges. I use a snap-in liner with MEOS, as well. I absolutely love them both. And the MEAF covers. Really tough diapers/covers.

mrspopo 01-09-2013 08:07 PM

I wasn't a huge fan of either. We tried out the large sandys right around 19-20lbs and they were HUGE. Didn't like the fit at all. I'm not a fan of side snaps either.

The MEOS were ok, they definitely needed the snap-in soaker to be absorbant enough. The fold down rise was just kinda funky and didn't stay in place great as she got more mobile. I guess we tried them at an in-between size.

If I were you I would get the size small sandys - I don't like anything too bulky. Even though they wouldn't last super long. Or look at other fitteds.

famaza 01-09-2013 08:32 PM

We liked the MEOS after DS was 20lbs plus.I liked the bamboo MEOS with extra soaker.Dont know about the sandys though,Sorry.

ktgrok 01-09-2013 09:04 PM

Sandys are WAY better. I LOVEL OVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them. As for sizing...depends on how tight a fit you are comfortable with. My son is a bit over 16 lbs and 4 months old. The smalls fit him nicely, and he is on the middle snap on the leg and on the waist the tightest snap on one side and the second snap on the other side. He has medium sized thights and a big waist. I do have a few larges and if I put them on the tightest snap they fit, but are a bit big/bulky and I don't know that the legs are tight enough to keep breastfed poop totally contained. I use them for night diapers as I got them by accident and figured I'd keep them as he will grow into them. But for now the smalls would be the size you need and they last quite a while.

Oh, other awesome thing about Sandys? If my son is being an idiot on the changing table and pulling his legs up/refusing to lay still I can snap the sandy and then pull it on like pants. I imagine that will be awesome when he is running around!

marliah 01-09-2013 10:20 PM

I have both and like them both. The MeOs are trimmer and dry faster due to the doubler being separate. The sandys are my favorite though, they fit great, are really absorbent and on my skinny legged girl they fit a bit better than the meos. They do take longer to dry. Both are great diapers though. :) motherease makes nice stuff!

Go with small sandys for a 15 lb baby unless the Baby has huge thighs. The smalls fit for a very wide range. One the biggest setting they fit my 2 year old, on the smallest waist and second leg setting they fit my 5 month old.

mbusd03 01-09-2013 11:59 PM

Wow, thanks for all your help!!! Now I need to decide which Sandy's to try...Bamboo, stay dry, organic, unbleached...too many choices!

Earthy Momma 01-10-2013 02:07 AM

organic cotton sandies all the way!!! lol i really HATE side snaps, but i make an aception for this diaper!!! i love the full coverage! id probably get a small :)