Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Charlie Banana update (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1479846)

ashleyg103 01-10-2013 04:56 AM

Charlie Banana update

I emailed charlie banana since I was having problems with the metal adjuster sliding into the leg casing while my boys were wearing the diapers and while washing them. When this happens the legs leak like crazy, and its very annoying constantly adjusting the leg sizer when you have 24 of them! So here is what they emailed me back saying

Thanks for your email. If the metal bracket is sliding into the leg casing after the wash then there are two options:

One:
1. Adjust the buckle to the desired size.

2. With 2 fingers, hold the buckle into place (just outside the leg casing) and fluff the elastic into the leg casing to even it out.

3. Continue to hold the bracket and now stretch the elastic upper front of the pocket.

4. Your diaper is ready to wear.

If option One does not work then:

Another option is to adjust the metal bracket to a smaller size letter or even further than any letters printed on the elastic and let the bracket slide into the leg casting. This will allow you to keep the right leg sizing as the buckle will be set firmly in the the leg casing. You might experience a small bunching on the front side panel of the diaper which you can simply pull when you snap the diaper onto the baby.

Can we know if the one size diapers you have are with or without a little pc of fabric underneath the buckle?

Regards,

Winc Design

I am currently doing option 1 but worried about wear on the elastic from always adjusting and the metal piece still goes into the leg casing while they are wearing them. I can try the second option but again worried about the metal rubbing the pul in the leg and causing more leaks. Since my diapers do not have the extra fabric piece to hold the adjuster out I asked if they would be willing to send me the extra fabric and I can attach it to my diapers to prevent this problem. Ill let you know what they say!

ashleyg103 01-10-2013 07:47 AM

Re: Charlie Banana update

Bump......I know there were some others having this problem as well just wondering if anyone else sent an email and if they had heard anything back?

mothergooseofthree 01-10-2013 09:20 AM

Hmmm, I had one in my TTC stash and LOVED it (would love it more if it came in aplix). It felt really nice and I liked how the back elastic is encased in soft fleece instead of PUL. I also liked the front pocket. But after reading the other thread, I realized that mine did not have an extra piece of material to keep the adjuster from slipping into the casing. Since I had not washed it, I sent it back to the retailer for a refund. I am hoping the have the issue worked out before I ever need dipes.

However, I think they should offer to fix the dipes that are already out there with this issue. I am disappointed that they are taking a "just deal with it" attitude. It is a pain to pull those elastics out after every wash and leaving them in the casing will probably cause the metal to rub a hole in the PUL eventually.

ashleyg103 01-10-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothergooseofthree (Post 16139171)
Hmmm, I had one in my TTC stash and LOVED it (would love it more if it came in aplix). It felt really nice and I liked how the back elastic is encased in soft fleece instead of PUL. I also liked the front pocket. But after reading the other thread, I realized that mine did not have an extra piece of material to keep the adjuster from slipping into the casing. Since I had not washed it, I sent it back to the retailer for a refund. I am hoping the have the issue worked out before I ever need dipes.

However, I think they should offer to fix the dipes that are already out there with this issue. I am disappointed that they are taking a "just deal with it" attitude. It is a pain to pull those elastics out after every wash and leaving them in the casing will probably cause the metal to rub a hole in the PUL eventually.

Thats exactly what im afraid of. Im really hoping they will just send me the material to add the extra piece of fabric to them. I have a sewing machine so it shoudnt be too hard. I have 24 of these diapers and I love them but they are pretty useless since they keep leaking because of the metal piece. Just keeping my fingers crossed they will help me!

Celestials 01-10-2013 10:25 AM

I emailed them with this exact problem and was basically told the same thing. He even went on to say that most parents put the legs too tight so the looser leg due to the metal clasp slipping back in the casing was a good thing! Um... No... NOT a good thing when I was getting leaks through the leg.... I pull it out each time... But also am worried about wear. I only have 6 though, so hopefully they will help you out!

ashleyg103 01-10-2013 10:47 AM

yea it just makes me so mad, these are not cheap diapers either and to replace 24 of them with a different diaper is just going to cost way too much and I wouldnt even consider selling them to someone else to afford new diapers. I cant even use them right now because they always leak through the leg, so not only am I changing diapers but onsies and pants also. I feel like this issue should be covered under their warrenty but seems like they pretty much have the all well its fine attitude.

newVTmom 01-10-2013 11:37 AM

That is so frustrating!! Why have sizes marked if it doesn't stay the size you put it on? Plus it makes it a big pain whenever they are adjusted. I am glad I only bought 6 of them, but they all have this problem.

QuartzandPyrite 01-10-2013 09:29 PM

This is strange! I have about 20 Charlies and I love them, the little fleece sleeve thing over the metal slider I thought was annoying because it kept sliding down into the elastic casing, so I cut them all off...and I have never had a problem with the elastic self adjusting! After I wash them I readjust the elastic so the slider is outside the casing...it seems to make the legs fit better and the diaper lay nicely. I have a couple of diapers that the elastic is starting to wear out on, but all of my other diapers I haven't had an issue. Keep us updated I'm really interested to hear about this issue!

fabulousmindy 01-10-2013 09:34 PM

Any updates?

newVTmom 01-11-2013 02:05 PM

They sent me the same email. Someone on Facebook said they were replacing hers with this issue so I was hopeful but all I was offered was the work arounds, which aren't really acceptable. It makes it so much harder to adjust them!