Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   kissauvs 0- discouraged. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480054)

gingersnappy 01-10-2013 03:41 PM

kissauvs 0- discouraged.

Hi everyone- ok don't laugh. just need to vent or maybe get a little advice. This is silly & I know this is probably a personal issue since I've never done CDing, and on top of that I'm a FTM to a DD (12/31/12) so I'm REALLY clueless. I had high hopes of doing the CD thing and got some used Kissaluvs 0, covers, as well as some used FB elites. All the reviews I read about Kissaluvs said they fit newborns well, but it seems that none of the snap settings work for her. The smallest setting (second row snaps inside) seem tight around the legs and top is too loose and puckery. With the PUL cover there was leakage at the top. I don't know if it's her body type- she's long-(she was 21"/8#11oz at birth and is now 9# 4 oz at 10 days). OR it's me not knowing enough. She's not the most cooperative at change times (or a normal NB), so it's a little challenging to fiddle around with her hollering, but I have a hard time seeing it working. I'm stubborn but feel a little outwitted and may have to accept defeat. Thoughts???

swrlgrl105 01-10-2013 03:47 PM

Re: kissauvs 0- discouraged.

All babies are shaped so differently. I would suggest some prefolds and a snappi with a cover over it. They can be customized to any body type as long as you have the right size :) If you arent sure how to put one on, there are some great youtube tutorials :) good luck!

kirst 01-10-2013 03:55 PM

I had Kissaluv size 0s and you can also just pin or snappi them and disregard the snaps if she seems to be inbetween snap settings.

MamaButtercup 01-10-2013 04:03 PM

I like the above suggestion, because it would seem like such a waste to have to invest in a new system, but prefolds and covers worked really well for my little guy. He was 20 1/2".

gingersnappy 01-10-2013 05:08 PM

I like the snappi idea, because I hate to give up! Also, the one time I did use the diaper, it was all stained by poo- I though BF poop didn't do this?! Thoughts??

Saltkatt 01-11-2013 12:35 AM

Although I loved the kissaluvs in theory (so soft and fluffy, right?) I ended up using the orange edged prefolds a lot more when my li'l one was a newborn. Just seemed to get a better fit that way.. Maybe it's the snappi, or the fact that you can tweake them a little.
Either way, don't let the newborn cloth diapering stage scare you off. Once the baby hits 2 months or so I think it gets easier. A lot of one size options start working then, with a little more chunk on those cute legs. I went with bumgenius as soon as they fitted and have never looked back! ;)
Good luck!

Oh, and about the stains, BF poo stains will disappear after a few washes, I still use my old prefolds a year later for wiping up spills, use as changing pad etc, and the stains from those first months of power pooping are long gone.