Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Laparoscopy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480083)

ProudCoastieWife 01-10-2013 03:39 PM

Laparoscopy?

So we have been TTC for almost 2 years now and have done ALL tests, with all of them coming back normal.

I am not scheduled for a laparoscopy on February 5th, and I am pretty nervous. I had a HORRIBLE experience with the HSG and I am terrified the after affects are going to be similar.

Any advice would be so great! Thanks ladies!

ingrid5699 01-11-2013 08:07 AM

Re: Laparoscopy?

Had a similar experience with my HSG (horrible, horrible test!) but my laparoscopy was FINE. And that was despite them finding endo and removing it so the lap took close to 3 hours. I was back to normal within 2 days, pain free in 3-4 days. Good luck!

ProudCoastieWife 01-11-2013 08:43 AM

Thank you so much! I was getting more nervous cause no one was commenting! Thanks so much! Mind if I asked if you had any luck getting a BFP after the lap?

ingrid5699 01-12-2013 07:06 AM

No luck but we had severe male factor issues on top of the endo. All my pregnancies ended up being IVF.

meeshkasheeba 01-16-2013 12:35 PM

HSG's are terrible. The Lap isn't so bad. I posted on another thread that the worst part is the gas they pump you full of. You feel it under you collar bones. You should get up and walk a ton and you should roll side to side to help it go down. The more surfaces it comes into contact with the better it is absorbed. Don't be afraid to take pain meds, but drink a lot because it can cause constipation and when you already hurt you dont want to add constipation to it. You'll do fine.

Jomama521 01-17-2013 07:06 AM

I had it done last summer and it was a breeze for me. I had a small hole on both sides of my abdomen and one in my belly button. I had about an inch long incision a little above my pubic bone. It took just a few days to recover and then I felt amazing. I Had a period on my own and sex didn't hurt. I got pregnant all on my own a few weeks later. Good luck!

ProudCoastieWife 01-17-2013 07:39 AM

Yes!!!! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! Got my period yesterday so surgery it is! LOL Really hoping this is the little thing we need to get things moving....I'm getting so frustrated with being let down every single month....AG! I just want to start our family!

OnTheLanai 01-31-2013 08:02 PM

The lap isnt bad I promise! I had one almost 2 years ago. Main tips I can give you is have a pillow to hold against your tummy. The pressure helps afterwards! Gas-x and walking will be your best friend! The incisions aren't bad, the worst part is the gas pain.

ProudCoastieWife 01-31-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheLanai (Post 16232312)
The lap isnt bad I promise! I had one almost 2 years ago. Main tips I can give you is have a pillow to hold against your tummy. The pressure helps afterwards! Gas-x and walking will be your best friend! The incisions aren't bad, the worst part is the gas pain.

Oh thats good to hear! I'm getting more and more nervous as the day gets here, but they sent me a Rx for pain meds to fill in advance. Its an 1 1/2 ride from the place where I'm getting it done and home, so I'm mostly not looking forward to the drive! UGH!

OnTheLanai 04-22-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudCoastieWife (Post 16232484)
Oh thats good to hear! I'm getting more and more nervous as the day gets here, but they sent me a Rx for pain meds to fill in advance. Its an 1 1/2 ride from the place where I'm getting it done and home, so I'm mostly not looking forward to the drive! UGH!

How did it go? I thought I was going to get emails when there were responses but I didnt get any LOL Im new to the forum, so much for that! :)