Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagine vs. Diaper Safari OS Covers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480138)

hac1224 01-10-2013 05:21 PM

Imagine vs. Diaper Safari OS Covers

Which would you recommend? Both are priced the same, but Diaper Safari has more color options. I need to get 2 more covers without spending much, but I'm torn between these two. In case it matters, I'll be using primarily with prefolds and flats, but I always pin or Snappi and never pad fold.

pinkandgreen 01-10-2013 08:01 PM

Re: Imagine vs. Diaper Safari OS Covers

I really love my Diaper Safari covers. I am doing a mix of prefolds and flats and no matter how I stuff, I get no leaks and they fit just beautifully. I have a skinny 11 pound 5 month old and find that I can simply adjust the snaps to get that perfect fit. A lot of the other covers aren't so adaptable. I also really love the quality and stretchiness of the PUL. I don't have any of the Imagine covers, but I do have some of the pockets and I just don't like the PUL or fit as well. I think I may just be a special case, though, because of how difficult it can be to get a good fit for my baby. I should say that I tend to really like imagine products overall. I have the bamboo flats and unbleached prefolds and am really happy with those.

lady longs 01-10-2013 08:13 PM

I have no experience with the imagine covers. But, I have the DS covers and really love them. I have also been extremely happy with their customer service. (I have no experience with nickis customer service, so that's not a comparison - just a statement)

They fit my nearly 3 year old and still have lots of snaps left. They will fit him forever I am sure.

hac1224 01-11-2013 11:27 AM

Thanks for the input! I already ordered a couple of DS covers to try, but they won't be here for a few more days. If I like them, I'll probably just order a couple more of those but maybe hold out to see if their next sale is on covers instead of pockets. I really need them to do the same deal (B2G1 free) on covers.

hac1224 01-12-2013 10:29 AM

Okay, so I just got my covers in the mail, and they look HUGE!! These look way bigger than my Flips (just got those, too) and every other One-Size Cover I've had in the past. I didn't expect them to be tiny, but I'm still surprised. I'm sure I'll still make them work, but I don't know that I'll order any more right now. However, they are super soft and stretchy with cute colors!

AZmommy 01-12-2013 11:22 AM

its been a while since I owned my flips but they were never a good fit for us I found them really wide but the snap arrangments gave us bad wing droop as well (tried as an infant and gain latter as a toddler) I appreciate the higher rise of the DS beacuase I dont have to do excessive pulling and tugging when putting them on my child. They are a bit more narrow as well so we get a much easier fit. I loved the quality of BG but the fit sadly never worked for us.

sandhillcranes 01-12-2013 11:30 AM

Does the diapersafari have exposed snaps? Do they irritate LO when trifolding?

hac1224 01-12-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandhillcranes (Post 16148425)
Does the diapersafari have exposed snaps? Do they irritate LO when trifolding?

Yes, the rise Snaps are exposed, but I haven't tried them yet to know about irritation.

sandhillcranes 01-12-2013 11:42 AM

Thx

AZmommy 01-12-2013 12:05 PM

yes they are exposed so far we've not had an issues with them though.