Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone have a birth photographer? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480157)

bai18176 01-10-2013 06:04 PM

Anyone have a birth photographer?

Just wondering if anyone has used a birth photographer before, or what your thoughts are. We are considering it, but it's kind of spendy.

stevensmom 01-10-2013 06:10 PM

Re: Anyone have a birth photographer?

I think it would be fun, and my mom is a photographer and I know she'd love to do it...but DH and I like to be the only ones in the room during active labor.

Mom2lucy 01-10-2013 07:54 PM

i did! it was my BFF though. four years ago, i was her first client. she is great though. she isnt that expensive. Here is her FB site.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/On-Ca...788100?fref=ts

bai18176 01-10-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2lucy (Post 16142195)
i did! it was my BFF though.

I'm sure it helps if it's your bff:goodvibes: Why can't mine be a photographer?! I still think I'd like to. Now to get DH on board with the idea...

twinpossible 01-10-2013 11:17 PM

My good friend is a photographer too and will be coming to take pictures at the end of labor and the after photos of the baby. We just lucked out ;) I can say that in my area there are a couple photographers who will do it for very little or no money in exchange for being able to show the more tasteful photos to clients wanting to hire them for a birth. If you are comfortable with the photographer sharing some of your photos then I would go that route.

You Tell 'Em 01-11-2013 02:22 PM

I'm having one :thumbsup: I was able to hire her when she was offering an AWESOME special (maternity, birth, and newborn photos) for an insanely affordable price (like unheard of in this area for a professional). I'm excited, even though my last labor was quick I'm hoping this next one is at least as long or a bit longer so she can get more photos :blush:

sugar_crystalz 01-11-2013 03:09 PM

I'll be having one next time. I started using her almost a year and a half ago for nb pics and have been back about 6 times so I've gotten to know her. She's pretty inexpensive- I don't remember the price exactly but a couple hundred plus a downloadable gallery.

bai18176 01-11-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em (Post 16145342)
I'm excited, even though my last labor was quick I'm hoping this next one is at least as long or a bit longer so she can get more photos :blush:

You must be just about the only person who wants their labor to last longer!
Quote:

Originally Posted by twinpossible (Post 16142906)
I can say that in my area there are a couple photographers who will do it for very little or no money in exchange for being able to show the more tasteful photos to clients wanting to hire them for a birth. If you are comfortable with the photographer sharing some of your photos then I would go that route.

I've been thinking about that, if I could find someone I was comfortable with. Everyone I've checked with around here is close to $400, ouch!

sandhillcranes 01-11-2013 09:10 PM

I didnt with number 1 and still regret it. I did with number 2. Worth every penny and I had a super quick labor. I got to the hospital and about a half hr later the photographer was there. Probably a half hr after that I was meeting DD lol. She got a lot of good shots though. Stuff that we did not have of my first birth. Labor pics. Nursing pics. Lil baby details like ears and feet. Wonderful wonderful stuff. Im glad we did spend the $$. It was worth it. Both of my labors were so quick, I kinda feel like my memory with my first was fuzzy though I was not medicated. I just think it was so fast and the pain is so intense and youre so focused you cant take it all in. The pics really are sweet to look at.