Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Windpro Fleece? (Or fleece for covers) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480181)

MommaZX2 01-10-2013 07:53 PM

Windpro Fleece? (Or fleece for covers)

Hey all! So- I am starting the process of making a new stash for my LO -- he is using his brothers old stash and I got most of them FSOT here ;) SOOOO they are pretty well worn. I have made 2 pocket diapers with a PUL outer and a microfleece inner. Now... I would like to make somew with Fleece outer and microfleece inner esp for night time! My LFS does NOT have a good selection and are not very helpful :yuck: What online fabric stores do you ladies reccommend, and what is the fleece used for an outer on their website called? I have purchased from fabric.com but have not tried their regular fleece. Also- I have some anti pill fleece that I used for wipes and liners... can I use that? My LO is not a heavy wetter- the second layer is rarely soaked through by the time he wakes up.... not sure if that matters or not. TIA!
-Tara

TrennaII 01-11-2013 12:27 AM

Re: Windpro Fleece? (Or fleece for covers)

My local fabric store is one of very very very few that carries a few Malden Mills (Polartec, Windpro) fleeces. The Joann antipill/blizzard really needs 2 layers to compare.

You can buy small amounts of Polartec or Windpro from Green Acre Designs.

(and if you don't need them today, I'll be launching a store soon, selling diaper cuts of many fleeces ... I've got the fleece but the website isn't quite ready ...)

Sarahknavy 01-11-2013 12:39 AM

Yeah... Malden Mills 300wt is what we use for our nighttime diapers. I got advice from another mama on this. She said windpro is bulletproof but isn't stretchy.

Poodlemum 01-11-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahknavy
Yeah... Malden Mills 300wt is what we use for our nighttime diapers. I got advice from another mama on this. She said windpro is bulletproof but isn't stretchy.

I have several windpro diapers and they are all just as stretchy as regular fleece :)

togetherinthelandofoz 01-11-2013 05:46 AM

I was thinking of making some fleece wraps as well. I've always made my soakers with blizzard fleece from Joann's or Hancocks and with an extra layer in the soaker zone they work great for overnight. For the wraps I was thinking of getting the Malden Mills Windpro fleece so I didn't have to do the extra layer. But I LOVE Wallypop fleece wraps so I might just order a couple from her instead of ordering fabric. I was looking to order directly from Malden Mills.

TrennaII 01-11-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodlemum

I have several windpro diapers and they are all just as stretchy as regular fleece :)

There are several types of Windpro and of 300 wt Polartec, each has different degrees of stretch, and different finishes to the fabric face and back.

MyNameIsMama 01-11-2013 10:13 AM

I just bought a bunch of lightweight and heavy weight windpro and 200 and 300 weight fleece. I am making foe bound covers. I ordered from http://www.seattlefabrics.com/fleece.html you can buy 5/8 of a yard so you can get a few different colors. They called me and told me that they didn't have electric blue, even after I ordered it and it is still listed online. I am thinking that their website does not reflect their current stock. Their shipping was a little slow too but I would still order from them again.

Melinda29 01-11-2013 11:21 AM

Do you have to use two layers if using windpro or polartec fleece? I only have fleece covers made from joann's fleece, and they definitely need both layers! I would love to have some single layer fleece covers made from the Grovia AI2 shell pattern...

mypeanut09 01-11-2013 12:15 PM

I've used single layers of blizzard or antipill fleece from JoAnn's for my daughter and we've never had issues with them. She drenches her fitteds at night too so they are sopping wet

ursaminor 01-11-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melinda29 (Post 16144441)
Do you have to use two layers if using windpro or polartec fleece? I only have fleece covers made from joann's fleece, and they definitely need both layers! I would love to have some single layer fleece covers made from the Grovia AI2 shell pattern...

I know SBs old polartec covers used 1 body layer of polartec 200 wt with a 2nd layer only in the soaker zone.

I have some MM 300 wt, and while I have not used it yet, I would only use 1 layer. I am sure that would suffice.