Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically its Friday!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480261)

jacksmommy1 01-11-2013 06:26 AM

Basically its Friday!!!!

Good Morning ALL!

jwjbbrown 01-11-2013 06:45 AM

SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Mel sorry for the work stress. Not fun.

I AK enjoying a lazy morning. MH is in Dr.Seuss land on the nook. Jerry is still sleeping. Hoping a day off keeps my cold at bay

I am think we will make bagels this morning. Going to put something in my Dutch oven to cook today as well.

cherylchoo 01-11-2013 07:23 AM

Re: Basically its Friday!!!!

OMG homemade bagels sound awesome.

So I have got the DW and the washer running, about to go freshen up and take Ian to the big Salvation Army across town. Going to price dishes and look for G some pants. Maybe a coffee table. That was my plan yesterday before I crashed all day. :giggle2: The one good thing about crashing is that my pork roast wound up cooking 18 hours in the crock and just totally feel apart and is amazing. We had pulled pork sliders last night, probably burritos with it this weekend. I'm supposed to make tator tot casserole according to meal plan, but I have all this pork and red beans and rice left over, so IDK if I am going to make it today. Unless I make it with the pork.

cherylchoo 01-11-2013 07:30 AM

Ok, I am considering getting a store credit card for the benefits. Right now trying to decide between Target, TCP, Kohls, and Meijers. These obviously would be paid off each time they are used, I just want the discounts. But I only want one, I don't like having a bunch of credit cards to manage. Any of you have any of these, and do you think they are worth it? As for which store do I go to the most, Meijer because it is my primary grocery source, but I rarely buy non-groceries there even though they sell everything because it is usually not cost-effective. It's not like when I used to go to SuperWalmart or SuperTarget in Texas and buy both groceries and general merchandise.

redgirlsmama 01-11-2013 07:46 AM

I know kohls sends out 30% off coupons to there customers frequently. I don't have any credit cards period. We are a cash/debit card only house.

jacksmommy1 01-11-2013 08:08 AM

Def kohls

jwjbbrown 01-11-2013 08:15 AM

Kohls has great deals. Target at 5% off every time you use it.

jwjbbrown 01-11-2013 08:16 AM

Bagel dough resting. Then we will start the shaping and boiling and off to the oven!

~whitehologram~ 01-11-2013 08:45 AM

Good morning everyone.

Sorry for not starting today. I was tired so I went back to bed this morning after getting the kids ready for school/kindergarten. Then I didn't have time when I got up to do it.

I had a good day at work.

After telling my boss off for calling my mobile phone twice and my home phone and not leaving a message (he said he'd have just kept trying until he got me on the phone) for me, he told me that his boss told him that the freezers in our shop are the best in the region! That's a HUGE compliment!

I asked a co-worker and there are 5 shops in our region (I thought it was just the 3 shops in Rastatt but it's more)...he then told me that no one does the freezers like I do in any other shop in Aldi throughout Germany. I did say that to be fair I only do what my boss told me to do. He said that not everyone does what their told to do....I was honestly puzzled by that but figured it's best to stop there before I talk myself into a hole.

~whitehologram~ 01-11-2013 08:49 AM

Oh and I saved 12€ by buying the lunchboxes we need this morning instead of last night.

The easylunchboxes that I got in a co-op on DS a while ago have slowly slowly nearly all broken. I got 4 sets back then. That's 12 lunch boxes. We're down to 7 lunch boxes now. Should be enough with 4 kids but it's not. I think we have less lids than boxes.

So I ordered 2 new sets :)