Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Should I sell my new Swaddlebees Simplex or keep for PL? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480272)

gbabies2 01-11-2013 07:25 AM

Should I sell my new Swaddlebees Simplex or keep for PL?

OKay, I just bought 6 Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0's in adorable prints and I love them! Fit is great, absorbency awesome, and they are super trim . . . problem is, not sure my LO is digging the feel wet/natural fibers. That said, should I keep them for PL'rng or sell them and buy something that works better for us? ARGH! Hate that I bought 6 - LO has gone thru so many diapering "phases" though, I thought this diaper would be okay. Wrong! It might just be perfect for PL'rng but the thought of keeping something that we *might* use later is annoying as well :headscratch:

TIA for offering your thoughts :thumbsup:

dagmomma 01-11-2013 07:30 AM

Re: Should I sell my new Swaddlebees Simplex or keep for PL?

Sell them bc I think you will get good money for them or would they work if you just place a stay dry liner in them.

gbabies2 01-11-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 16143433)
Sell them bc I think you will get good money for them or would they work if you just place a stay dry liner in them.

I have tons of stay-dry liners that I could use but I am lazy and hate that extra step (terrible I know :blush:) plus I think it will shift. These diapers wash up so nicely though (love the cotton) it is hard for me to part with them. I hate to have something in my stash I do not use though too :headscratch: Maybe I should try the liner for a bit like you said and then sell if that does not work . . .

McDMom 01-11-2013 08:19 AM

I'd keep and then sell after potty training.

gbabies2 01-11-2013 08:21 AM

OKay, going to start keeping track. 1 says sell and 1 says keep :) Keep em' coming Mamas (and thank you)!

mommyofboyz 01-11-2013 08:55 AM

Man if only swaddlebees would make a trainer from their simplex with a little more stretch to them. That would be the "perfect" trainer. I'd say to keep them. Even if you just use the for nights or quick outings.

dagmomma 01-11-2013 09:03 AM

I know what you mean about the liner. I am that way too. Do you like the OS they have a stay dry liner and I choose them over BGE bc of that--one less thing.

But if they are in great condition I say think about it and in a couple weeks sell them. For the money you will get for them you can get something cheaper for pling or get the OS.

I never really used trainers for my children. They just went right into underwear. And at night I would just put a flip until I realized no night time messes.

Kabuki24 01-11-2013 09:11 AM

How do you know your baby is bothered by the non-stay dry out of curiosity?

gbabies2 01-11-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 16143802)
I know what you mean about the liner. I am that way too. Do you like the OS they have a stay dry liner and I choose them over BGE bc of that--one less thing.

But if they are in great condition I say think about it and in a couple weeks sell them. For the money you will get for them you can get something cheaper for pling or get the OS.

I never really used trainers for my children. They just went right into underwear. And at night I would just put a flip until I realized no night time messes.

We never used trainers too much with our older kiddos either so I might just be kidding myself :headscratch: Hmm, maybe I should sell them.

gbabies2 01-11-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24 (Post 16143832)
How do you know your baby is bothered by the non-stay dry out of curiosity?

Well I am not completely sure it is the stay-dry vs. feel wet/natural that it is the issue . . . it could be the movement of the soaker. Basically, anything except bG 4.0's seem to cause irritation.