Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cow Patties!! Hidden Gem or what (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480409)

blue_butterfly 01-11-2013 01:45 PM

Cow Patties!! Hidden Gem or what

Ive been in swap groups all day for the last few days. Came across an adorable diaper that I learned was a Cow Pattie....

$6.00 for newborns??
and a diaper package for $60???

I might be in heaven!!!

Anyone your cow patties?!?!?!?! Ive read very good things!!

Talk to me!

qhorses8 01-11-2013 04:24 PM

Re: Cow Patties!! Hidden Gem or what

I asked her to make a custom cover like a flip diaper. First it came with only a front flap and that flap was way too long, snaped on the lowest setting it was 1/4 of the diaper. It didn't have a back flap so I sent it back to be remade. When I got them back the second time the back flap is still a joke, she still didn't do her research.

The 5 diapers with 2 different patterns I ordered had different color snaps. When I went to open one of the snaps it almost pulled out of the fabric. The pul was green on some. I think this was because I was wondering if she had different pul colors because the white stained first time. And it was a bad dye on the green ones, the others still had white. The flap edges were not serged or hemmed.

The one minky diaper I did use a couple of time looked bad after a couple of washings.

This may have just been my bad experiance with a custom order.

Heather8183 01-11-2013 04:31 PM

I just checked out some pictures on her FB page...I may be way off but they don't look too well made to me.

lilletambur 01-11-2013 05:31 PM

Does anyone got a link to the fb page or something??

Spunkify 01-11-2013 05:37 PM

I use to be involved with CP, did blog stuff for her. Her shipping was a mess and the diapers weren't all that great. That was a few years ago now though and probably hundreds of diapers ago, hopefully she's improved her design since then.

blue_butterfly 01-11-2013 07:45 PM

Thanks for the opinions. I might order one or 2 and see what happens.

Saharan 01-11-2013 08:23 PM

I had a friend who bought some and they were very sloppy made and fell apart fast. The lady would not replace or refund either. Just a warning but if she has been in business this long she must make some decent stuff you would assume?

ArmyWifeBethany 01-11-2013 08:30 PM

I've found that they are really hit or miss. One diaper I bought completely unraveled and was unevenly sewn. The minky inner turned out and caused wicking all over my DD's clothes. I tried everything to get it to turn the right way, and it always ended up turning out. It was so frustrating, so I gave it away. I also purchased a set of custom wipes that I requested to be a specific length/width, and they were AWFUL. They still had the JoAnn's fabric label on the edges, and they were all different sizes. I was so disappointed. However, I recently purchase a custom ruffle butt diaper from her, and it's cute and works fairly well. It's really a gamble...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

blue_butterfly 01-11-2013 10:43 PM

Anyone know how long ago the bad diaper were made? I think she's been in business 5 years? If the bad ones were in the beginning maybe that's why?!? Idk I'm kinda bummed now bc I thought in found something amazing!

ArmyWifeBethany 01-12-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_butterfly
Anyone know how long ago the bad diaper were made? I think she's been in business 5 years? If the bad ones were in the beginning maybe that's why?!? Idk I'm kinda bummed now bc I thought in found something amazing!

The items I'm referencing were made in the last 9 months. She is a super nice mama, though, so I never made a fuss about my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum