Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone cloth diapering from the beginning? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480636)

maliroo 01-11-2013 09:22 PM

Anyone cloth diapering from the beginning?

Hi... Have been spying in this group! :goodvibes: I have 5 days to go!
Just wondering if anyone is cloth diapering in the hospital, and whether those first few poops are a problem? I am having a c-sec so may have some help with changing diapers... I wonder if the nurses would mind using my adorable diapers? Any thoughts/ previous experience?

clothmomof3 01-11-2013 10:13 PM

Re: Anyone cloth diapering from the beginning?

We did, took cloth with us and nothing else touched his bum for a very long time!!! Good luck..

jackobeano 01-11-2013 11:53 PM

DDC (due in Feb but thinking we may have a Jan baby :))- We are using cloth from the get go (our midwife even recommmends it on her birth supply list). We are doing a home birth though so everyone here will be on board. The first few with the meconium you can use olive oil or coconut oil to help it wipe off better but the meconium washes out just fine. Hope it works out for you to use it!

flame_chick 01-14-2013 06:48 AM

we are using cloth after meconium. we could use CDs with a liner, but with so much else going on too, we're using disp for the first couple days.

jackobeano 01-14-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flame_chick (Post 16154966)
we are using cloth after meconium. we could use CDs with a liner, but with so much else going on too, we're using disp for the first couple days.

You actually don't need a liner with meconium, it washes out just fine. You can use coconut or olive oil just to make it easier to get off baby's bum but no worries about the diapers. Most moms say it washes out better and with less staining than EBF poop ;)

callejon87 01-15-2013 04:28 PM

We will be using cloth from day one (at home, not hospital). Almost all prefolds and covers, a couple fitteds/pockets. Baby due in 10 days!

tmwmommy 01-25-2013 11:34 AM

I used cloth in the hospital! I had a c/s and it wasn't a big deal. Dh stayed at the hospital the whole time to help so the nurses didn't have to change any diapers. They didn't really say anything about them. I know other cd mamas have delivered there before.

jmoon 01-25-2013 11:37 AM

I had my LO Jan 3, and I used cloth at the hospital with no issues! I did get lots of questions about my adorable diapers and woolies though :)

Peanutsmama2b 07-01-2013 07:24 PM

With my first I started cloth exclusively when he lost his cord. It was easy in the hospital to use the free sposies and when we got home I had a really difficult recovery from CS and my hubby had enough trouble keeping up with the rest of the laundry. I don't regret those first 3 weeks and he hasn't worn a sposie since, but I will probably do it the same way again this time around!

Darcilouroo 07-31-2013 03:01 PM

So, cloth after meconium? I have been going back & forth with starting in hospital or waiting! I'm just worried that I will be too exhausted and have to come home with three kids and meconium stained dipes to deal with right off the bat! Any input?! Thanks!!