Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best night diaper for heavy wetter? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480650)

KBailey87 01-11-2013 10:08 PM

Best night diaper for heavy wetter?

I'm currently just a daytime cloth diaper user but want to convert fully. My girl is a heavy wetter though so I'm nervous about leaks through the night. Especially since we cosleep. I'd hate to have to wake up my husband in the middle of every night to change the sheets since he has to leave early for work. I've been told fitteds with a doubler and a cover work well? I'm considering trying some kiwi pie fitteds. Anyone have any luck with those? If not, what works best for your family?

Palooka 01-11-2013 10:25 PM

yup we use fitted diapers with an extra doubler. That under a PUL and we almost never have leaks. I actually had a kiwi pie on him tonight to go out for dinner, and after 3 hours it was pretty wet. I wouldn't trust it overnight without adding a trifolded prefold. When we got home I changed him into a bottom bumpers, which has thicker snap in soakers than the kiwi pie does, then I added a doubler. :thumbsup:

Cdra 01-11-2013 10:30 PM

I use a bububebe fitted with all 3 inserts and a disana wool soaker. It works really well for us. I've never had a leak and my baby is a heavy wetter at night. At first when I was still e perimeter ting with night diapers I put a waterproof pad covered by a soft baby blanket on baby's side of the bed. If she leaked I could just change the blanket and pad and not wake everyone up. Hth!

mommadeeof4+ 01-12-2013 07:49 AM

Re: Best night diaper for heavy wetter?

sbish snapless with a stay dry liner and a thristies cover or fleece soaker cover is bulletproof for us at night :)

UVASahm 01-12-2013 08:05 AM

I agree with sbish snap less and wool but I need a doubler if I don't want to change him after the middle of the night feeding.

momma_dna 01-12-2013 12:30 PM

For us, we had to stuff Sbish snapless with a lot extra to make it bulletproof and it was still pretty wet by morning. Love our Sbish OBFs, sooo absorbent!

iheartua07 01-12-2013 03:51 PM

I use a BG 4.0 stuffed with a mf and a hemp insert. Right now I'm loving my Thirsties hemp inserts!

ETA you should put the MF on top of the hemp because the mf absorbs quickly and the hemp more slowly but holds more.

Hi-Dog 01-12-2013 05:44 PM

We use a Thirsties Fab Fitted with a Thirsties hemp insert and either a PUL cover or wool. She soaks it, but the "stay dry" helps a lot with drawing moisture away and towards the hemp.

flyinmum 01-12-2013 07:05 PM

We use a Sbish OS with wool or homemade fitteds with 3 bamboo soakers and wool. Both work well.

Pixi6s 01-12-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartua07 (Post 16149338)
I use a BG 4.0 stuffed with a mf and a hemp insert. Right now I'm loving my Thirsties hemp inserts!

ETA you should put the MF on top of the hemp because the mf absorbs quickly and the hemp more slowly but holds more.

this. We used the a joey bunz med hemp under the mf. I wouldn't call my son a super soaker though.