Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Special Needs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Big Victory! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480662)

luvsviola 01-11-2013 11:19 PM

Big Victory!

We are on day two of not using DS's tube! Yesterday and today, we were able to get 32 oz of formula in him orally. Wooo---hoooo!!!!

We bought him special "No Backpack" jammies that don't have a hole cut in them for his tube, and told him that every time he gets all his formula, he can wear them.

Our goal was to have the tube gone by kindy. It is looking like more of a reality (he's 3.75).

UnderTheStars 01-11-2013 11:34 PM

Re: Big Victory!

:yay:

That is an amazing accomplishment!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 01-12-2013 12:12 AM

Awesome news!!

mibarra 01-12-2013 10:15 AM

Congrats! So exited for you! :)

kaia.aline 01-12-2013 10:22 AM

Congrats that's amazing!

luvsviola 01-12-2013 10:04 PM

We're on day 3. :)

mekat 01-13-2013 01:41 PM

Congrats!

ssand23 01-13-2013 08:04 PM

Congratulations!!

MrsCrafty 01-14-2013 08:03 AM

Thats awesome!!! :lostit:

NSB 01-15-2013 10:39 PM

I TOTALLY know how you feel. When we brought our brain injured baby FD home at 9 months old, she had been being fed by and NG tube for 2.5 months. She had lost the ability to suck. She was also starting from scratch physically. When we got her she was at about a 4-5 month level. She was booked for a G-tube insertion 4 months after coming home with us. It was my MISSION to get her taking a bottle. I spent a LOT of time and energy and different kind of bottles. I bought a super sensitive digital kitchen scale so I could weigh the bottle before and after a "feed." At first it was 3 ml, then 5 ml the next day. Then a big jump to 23 ml. Then about a week later she took 80ml!!! I'll never forget that day. After about 3 weeks I had her taking enough formula that her doctor (in disbelief) pulled her NG tube!!!! We have now had her for 9 months and she is doing great!! She's not the super "bubba head" my son is (seriously, the kid would never eat solids if I didn't make him!LOL) but she is a normal eating, drinking baby now!

Way to go Ledger!!!!!

Ps: My DS is 2 and 38 lbs and still rear facing :)
Another PS: Watch yourself for getting TOO absorbed in the amount L takes orally and how soon. He will likely have ups and downs in the beginning. I kind of took it personally and would get quite frustrated when baby FD would have a "bad feeding day." I felt like she was slipping backwards, but I think now that her body was just resting and processing. Keep us updated :)