Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Baby Girl Has Dropped :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480666)

jackobeano 01-12-2013 12:03 AM

Baby Girl Has Dropped :)

So I will be 36 weeks Sunday (glad to have made it this far after all the contractions I've had this time starting at nine weeks with an irritable uterus) and since yesterday it feels like our LO has dropped. It's pretty uncomfortable today, really sore from the pressure. Just wondering if anyone else has dropped yet and how long before labor did you drop with any previous babies? Do you tend to drop closer to labor with each subsequent pregnancy?

krismark0 01-12-2013 02:58 AM

Re: Baby Girl Has Dropped :)

I dropped at 35 weeks plus 1 day (last week). My belly is noticably lower and I am now waddling which I was not before. Had my 36 week appt a couple days ago and Dr says there's definitely a head down there. My body really feels like it is gearing up for this, but I have no idea how long it might be.

Unfortunately my last one was breech and she never "dropped" and my body never felt like it was getting ready. It is really exciting to have these feelings this time!

abunchoflemons 01-12-2013 03:20 AM

My first I can't remember but I do know she dropped a few weeks before for sure as I already had to pee like every 5-10 mins.... especially at night as she seemed to want to push bladder button.

second low as she was ...was harder to tell when she dropped if she really did from her position as she felt as she was in that position from early on.

3rd is a boy and I have noticed over the last while and according to everything I think just going on 36 weeks he's lower as I have had to go to the bathroom more and ditting my belly sits more on my lap than before.

It can be a while before you actually deliver. I think to your last question for other kids that you drop faster and not necessarily closer to your due date/ when baby comes as your body has done it before...I have have heard butterfly sitting (ankles together as close to your crotch as possible) helps as well as for me lots of walking kicked labor in for me and helps baby drop. Kind of hard for me as I am heavier than I was with my other two....

lisha622 01-12-2013 01:20 PM

This little girl has definitely dropped some. I can't tell by looking at my belly, but I can tell by how much pressure I have down low and by the fact that my heartburn is much better in this past week!

Mamma527 01-12-2013 08:26 PM

Baby girl has totally dropped. She dropped sometime last week. I can't remember when I dropped with my boys but I carried them low the whole time so it wasn't as noticeable.

I'm 37 weeks now and it's so uncomfortable. I'm ready up be done!

Ainmemphis 01-13-2013 08:34 AM

Ds never dropped so I didn't know what it would feel like, but I am pretty sure this baby has moved as far south as he can! Sitting in a chair is very painful and walking is so awkward! I only have about 2.5 weeks to go.

mommycass 01-13-2013 11:31 AM

My boy dropped the other day! My sister even noticed it, lol!
I've been having contractions off and on everyday now and lost very small bits of my plug. My pubic pain is a little worse now and I feel pressure. I don't remember noticing it when my others dropped:headscratch:

Mummandherboys 01-13-2013 02:53 PM

Early last week (34 weeks) I had a slight scare when I noticed a good amount of fluid coming out from down there... I have never had an experience like this and assumed it might be part of my water breaking...but after the Dr. checked things out, it turned out not to be amniotic fluid but probably just a mixture of urine and discharge! I was pretty embarrassed especially since I am almost positive I had just gone pee right before this happened!...LOL... ;) The Dr. told me that baby seemed really low and most likely has dropped some and is really putting some pressure down there...and ever since I have serious urges to go pee and it can't wait!! So, all this to say...yes, I think our babe has dropped too! It's exciting to be getting closer and closer!

calleiah 01-13-2013 02:59 PM

Baby is head down but not engaged. Head is still floating quite a bit. I don't remember with my first but with my second she dropped way super early (22 weeks). My third dropped 35-36 weeks or so if I remember correctly. We'll just have to see this time around. This baby doesn't feel as big as my son was.

Mamma527 01-13-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mummandherboys
Early last week (34 weeks) I had a slight scare when I noticed a good amount of fluid coming out from down there... I have never had an experience like this and assumed it might be part of my water breaking...but after the Dr. checked things out, it turned out not to be amniotic fluid but probably just a mixture of urine and discharge! I was pretty embarrassed especially since I am almost positive I had just gone pee right before this happened!...LOL... ;) The Dr. told me that baby seemed really low and most likely has dropped some and is really putting some pressure down there...and ever since I have serious urges to go pee and it can't wait!! So, all this to say...yes, I think our babe has dropped too! It's exciting to be getting closer and closer!

Every time I stand up I pretty much have to pee!