Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Update: What to make for expectant friend (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480706)

mrosehughes 01-12-2013 09:36 AM

Update: What to make for expectant friend

Updated in post 17 :)

I know this should go in the craft forum, but I was hoping to get more responses here.

A good friend of mine is expecting her first (a little girl) in march, and her baby shower is in three weeks. I can knot and sew, and had planned to knit something for her, but lost track of time and am worried about finishing it (although itty bitty baby stuff goes fast so maybe I'm ok for time).

She is using paper diapers, so no need for wool bottoms except for the cute factor. What should I make her?

PintoBean'sMama 01-12-2013 09:39 AM

One of my favorite gifts is to crochet a decorative edge onto a fleece or flannel receiving blanket. It is a pretty quick project. You can also make a carseat canopy to Velcro on the infant carrier. Or what about sewing a portable diaper clutch? I've seen some cute ideas on pinterest.

kcassemom 01-12-2013 09:40 AM

Knit her a baby blanket! My sil and gmil both knit blankets for my babies and I will never get rid of them. I still have my knit baby blanket and dh's knit baby blanket as well <3

kcassemom 01-12-2013 09:43 AM

(I also knit my niece a blanket and it only took a week doing it at night :-) )

chandni3 01-12-2013 09:47 AM

Re: What to make for expectant friend

You know what I love, a lady sewed me together some blankets that were just two pieces of patterned flannel. They are perfect, not too light and not too heavy and cute prints. I used them to cover the carseat, to lay her on, to cover her up, for so many things. I also loved some smaller blankets to use in the car seat or swing. I love my crocheted blankets but I don't like to use them when I'm not around because I'm worried of her fingers getting caught in the yarn and the circulation getting cut off.

theonenonlymrssmith 01-12-2013 09:47 AM

I might be alone here, but the LAST thing I needed for my boys was MORE baby blankets. I had so many and lots didn't even get used, What about sewing up some cute burp rags? I made some super cute flannel ones for my yds.

noahs naturally 01-12-2013 10:01 AM

A hat with little bear ears! I knit a pink one for DD and it was super cute.

abunchoflemons 01-12-2013 10:04 AM

Re: What to make for expectant friend

Blankets, jackets, hats/ booties....

mrosehughes 01-12-2013 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, so I went and looked through my stash for anything girly and machine washable. Pickin's are slim; I have loads of hand wash only stuff, but not much super wash. But here are three: I have five skeins of purple (that's cash soft, really silky stuff), three of the yellow (Pima cotton), and five of the sea green bamboo.

And I know the sky's the limit for what I can make; what would be your favorite thing to receive?

Attachment 130075

ETA: forgot the pic

newcdmommy29 01-12-2013 10:32 AM

We've used knitted blankets for DD at bedtime for quite a while. She loves them and hates flannel ones now. :/ so I'd say knitted blanket since we love them around here. :)