Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Newborn stash so far :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480757)

March 01-12-2013 12:14 PM

Newborn stash so far :)

This is what I've got so far for the twins we're expecting in March. :)

Because we'll have some help with changes, etc., in the newborn stage, we have ALL pockets and AIOs. It was too hard letting other people change dd when we did prefolds and covers in her newborn stage, because they'd put a cover I intended to reuse in the wet bag before I could explain, so I decided that the extra expense to have all one-step diapers was worth it.

Many of these have been gifts, and my shower is in a week, so I'm anticipating a few more. When all is said and done, I'm planning on 50 newborn-sized diapers, and then I have 9 FBOS/ FB Elites cinched all the way down and ready to go as back-up. They'd be bulky under going-out clothes, but they'll be fine under gowns at home.

I love to just lay them out and sort them, hahaha.

It's 6 new-style stay-dry GroVia AIOs
3 old-style GroVia AIOs
2 Tots Bots Tini Fits (swoooooooon--I need another white one: those are for under the baptism gowns)
6 FB XS
5 Thirsties Duo AIOs Size One
8 bumGenius XS

Ahhh I'm just so happy with all the colors! My last newborn stash was kind of hodge-podge, whatever I could pick up at a CD garage sale I went to. I didn't get to be choosy with the colors like this time!

hilaryisinked 01-12-2013 12:39 PM

Re: Newborn stash so far :)

So pretty!

homebirthmom 01-12-2013 12:41 PM

adorable but you need about 10 more i think.

mommadeeof4+ 01-12-2013 12:43 PM

very pretty!!!

Cpmama06 01-12-2013 12:45 PM

Love it!

lynn97 01-12-2013 12:56 PM

They are cute but I agree that you need at least 10 more. Or to have PFs and covers as back-up. I hope you like all of these...AIOs were not good for DS as a newb. I'm still trying again this time with some nb Simplex though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MrsFelton2009 01-12-2013 01:45 PM

Awesome and congrats

nicolemariep 01-12-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom (Post 16148720)
adorable but you need about 10 more i think.

Yes, so cute (and congrats!), but for full time cloth with 2 babies you will likely need a few more diapers. Our newbie (3.5 weeks) is a super pooper and uses at least 12 diapers a day, but most days it's more like 15-18. With only 50 diapers you'll be doing laundry all the time (and some of those AIOs take a long time to dry).

ravenchow 01-12-2013 08:08 PM

Cute. I'd say minimum, 3 dozen per baby. I had 3 dozen prefolds & 10 fitteds for my one newb a couple of years ago. I was biting fingernails on some laundry days. Maybe add in some prefolds for YOU to change when you start to get short. You're going to be tired with 2 babies. No need to stress on laundry too :)

JoMarie 01-12-2013 09:01 PM

Cute! :) I agree that you need more diapers. I had 18 fitteds and 12 prefolds for my newbie and did laundry every other day, sometimes having to use sposies during wash. I'd rather play it safe than having to use shirts/washcloths. ;) hehehe