Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I'm almost 24 weeks. This is insane, and ridiculous. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480769)

leyash 01-12-2013 12:48 PM

I'm almost 24 weeks. This is insane, and ridiculous.

i will be 24 weeks this coming wednesday. i am so uncomfortable, it's unreal. i feel SO heavy in the front. i am also extremely sore in the back. my lower back kills me so bad that it really takes me a minute to get up, and even then when i am standing, i already waddle. my lower back, right at the top of my buttcrack (maybe a little higher) HURTS. my hips are killing me. i also have pubic symphasis, or whatever. but that's not bad every day, just sometimes. i feel SO tight in the front, like someone is pulling my skin super tight, and there is lots of pressure in the front, like... if i walk for too long, i feel like my vagina is BULGING. it's the weirdest feeling. there's obviously nothing there when i check :blush: but it sucks. i hate being this uncomfortable this early. isn't is too early for all of this?! i asked this the other day and a lot of people said no. i just hate that the baby is only 1.5 lbs or so right now and i am already THIS miserable. anyone got any advice/ideas?

leyash 01-12-2013 12:49 PM

Re: I'm almost 24 weeks. This is insane, and ridiculous.

i almost feel like i am having a non-stop contraction or something because everything is SO tight. my ligaments (i guess that's what it is) cramp often. i seem to feel okay when i first get up, even though it sucks to get out of bed. but by the time i've been up for an hour, i'm miserable. i am active. i clean house a good portion of the day, chase after three kids, go shopping etc. so why do i hurt this bad?!

chapmanrl6 01-12-2013 12:51 PM

Did you contact your midwife or doctor for their opinion? :thumbsup:

tinytushi 01-12-2013 12:58 PM

Are you using lots of pillows for added support at night? I know money is tight for you right now (me as well, DH went from full time job, to no job, to 20 hours week) but maybe one of those belly support bands? I saw on Cottonbabies they have some on clearance for $8.99 and $13.99. One is listed under the pregnancy section and the other is listed under breastfeeding. The one under the breastfeeding section looks like it might be more supportive. I believe that site also has free shipping. I have not got a support belt yet this go around, but my last pg I had one and it was amazing! If I can swing it I am getting one this time as well.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe seeing a chiropractor. I know they helped me alot my last pg as well. I believe I saw where you live in Round Rock. I live over near Marble Falls. Not sure if you know where that is? I think it is about an hour West of you. Anyway there is a fairly cheap Chiro in Liberty Hill named Dr. Popham and one in Marble Falls named Dr. Lambert. If you would like contact info. for either one you can pm me. Hope something will help you. I am only 18 weeks and already miserable so I imagine I will be right with you when I reach as far along as you are.

weesej 01-12-2013 01:00 PM

Just the blessing of feeling worse and more uncomfortable with each pregnancy!

homebirthmom 01-12-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesej (Post 16148814)

so true!!
try getting adjusted by a chiro. do the websters, it helps the baby settle in a better position and take pressure off the areas you should not be straining. it makes a HUGE difference

leyash 01-12-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chapmanrl6 (Post 16148765)
Did you contact your midwife or doctor for their opinion? :thumbsup:

not yet. i have an appt. on tuesday. since it's not an emergency, i figured i'd just wait until then. i definitely plan on talking to him about it. i have a feeling it's going to be, "this is your fourth pregnancy, and you're almost 30. you're going to be uncomfortable, sorry."

ugh

leyash 01-12-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinytushi (Post 16148801)
Are you using lots of pillows for added support at night? I know money is tight for you right now (me as well, DH went from full time job, to no job, to 20 hours week) but maybe one of those belly support bands? I saw on Cottonbabies they have some on clearance for $8.99 and $13.99. One is listed under the pregnancy section and the other is listed under breastfeeding. The one under the breastfeeding section looks like it might be more supportive. I believe that site also has free shipping. I have not got a support belt yet this go around, but my last pg I had one and it was amazing! If I can swing it I am getting one this time as well.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe seeing a chiropractor. I know they helped me alot my last pg as well. I believe I saw where you live in Round Rock. I live over near Marble Falls. Not sure if you know where that is? I think it is about an hour West of you. Anyway there is a fairly cheap Chiro in Liberty Hill named Dr. Popham and one in Marble Falls named Dr. Lambert. If you would like contact info. for either one you can pm me. Hope something will help you. I am only 18 weeks and already miserable so I imagine I will be right with you when I reach as far along as you are.

i have a chiropractor, but i have yet to see him. he's a family friend. i guess i am just nervous because i am almost afraid about it making the problems worse. :( i've been back and forth about seeing him. i guess at this point, it's worth a shot.

i sleep with several pillows. i have a body pillow that i keep in between my legs, and wrap my arm around. then i have two pillows under my head. i try to make sure i change positions a couple of times a night (like when i get up to pee) so that i am not in the same position for too long.

today i am sitting at the desk working, instead of on the couch. it seems to be helping a bit, and my back is not AS sore, but it still REALLY hurts, especially when i put pressure on my feet (walking).

leyash 01-12-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesej (Post 16148814)

i figured that's what it is, but that's SO not what i wanted to hear. :( i hate that i just have to deal with this. it really is affecting life, honestly. i hate hate hate that i am so miserable this pregnancy, because it is our last. but man. sometimes i just want to cry because it hurts so bad. :(

leyash 01-12-2013 01:16 PM

where can i get a pregnancy support band, locally? if i can, i'd really rather go get one tonight, and not wait for it to get shipped here. i need relief NOW, not later. also, do i wear it 24/7, or only when i am up moving around?