Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Those that use Charlies Soap (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480802)

mommyofboyz 01-12-2013 02:24 PM

Those that use Charlies Soap

WHat do you use to disinfect your diapers and how often do you use it? TIA

I just started using Charlie's. I do a rinse then wash then rinse again. Does that sound good?

dagmomma 01-12-2013 02:47 PM

Re: Those that use Charlies Soap

I do cold wash, hot wash with detergent and rinse. I also have hard water so I now use the Charlies booster.

Occasionally I use biokleen oxygen bleach in the cold wash. I use to use vinegar and occasionally I do bleach (never at the same time and usually never in the same month--I do one or the other for a long pd of time. I have been cding for over 5 yrs and only used Charlies)--but that was before I got the booster for hard water

I never used bleach before I moved to an area with hard water and I never had any smell issues or any type of other issues with my diapers.

If I feel I need a to disinfect I will use vinegar

essential1892 01-12-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 16149175)
I do cold wash, hot wash with detergent and rinse. I also have hard water so I now use the Charlies booster.

Occasionally I use biokleen oxygen bleach in the cold wash. I use to use vinegar and occasionally I do bleach (never at the same time and usually never in the same month--I do one or the other for a long pd of time. I have been cding for over 5 yrs and only used Charlies)--but that was before I got the booster for hard water

I never used bleach before I moved to an area with hard water and I never had any smell issues or any type of other issues with my diapers.

If I feel I need a to disinfect I will use vinegar

Does the booster work well? Do you still need to use bleach often with the booster?

I use Charlies for our clothing and was using for our diapers but it was ust not getting them clean with our hard water. I started using All F&C because I didn't want to have to bleach my diapers frequently.

dagmomma 01-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by essential1892 (Post 16149335)
Does the booster work well? Do you still need to use bleach often with the booster?

I use Charlies for our clothing and was using for our diapers but it was ust not getting them clean with our hard water. I started using All F&C because I didn't want to have to bleach my diapers frequently.

I used charlies for 5 yrs of cding and on all of our clothes. It was clean everytime. When we moved we moved t hard water. Charlies was working but not how I was use to. Then one day it hit me oh this is hard water.

I started to use bleach and that worked a little better. I am not quick to change to another dtergent bc I have had sensitive skin throughout my life and when I change detergents it's bad.

I hate using bleach so I finally broke down and got the booster. And after the first load it was a HUGE difference and after the 1st load of cd laundry it was better then I remembered so clean!

I have been doing biokleen oxybleach in cold wash then the Charlies detergent with a bit more detergent then stated--I think I add a tablespoon more. Booster with everywash

Momo3angels 01-13-2013 11:50 AM

I have used Charlies for a year and a half. I do like you rinse/drain in cold then hot wash with Charlies. I do occasionally use a little bleach.