Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BG sized AIO (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480836)

coffeemama 01-12-2013 05:47 PM

BG sized AIO

So they must have quit making these except the NB size? I see a few FSOT and wondering how the trimness and absorbancy is?

sisu 01-12-2013 05:53 PM

Re: BG sized AIO

Yes, they discontinued them awhile ago.

I always liked the fit of them, they were pretty trim. The Aplix majorly sucked, though, and they were difficult for me to get clean. Absorbency was pretty average for my average wetter, they'd be fine for 2-3 hours. They have a stuffable pocket, too.

Magoo07 01-12-2013 06:43 PM

Very trim... I agree that the aplix isn't great, but it'd be just as easy to replace as the BG4.0s... When my aplix is shot I'm snap converting mine I think... It'll only cost a tiny bit more than replacing aplix.

I find the absorbency good... I don't use them overnight, but have gone on longer car rides and naps without leaks.

Theyre on FSOT often... I'd definitely try them if you are looking for trim.

EyeDocMommy 01-12-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magoo07
Very trim... I agree that the aplix isn't great, but it'd be just as easy to replace as the BG4.0s... When my aplix is shot I'm snap converting mine I think... It'll only cost a tiny bit more than replacing aplix.

I find the absorbency good... I don't use them overnight, but have gone on longer car rides and naps without leaks.

Theyre on FSOT often... I'd definitely try them if you are looking for trim.

That's exactly what I did and I am using them for my second son. I only have a few - 1 medium and 2 larges, but they are still good daycare diapers

sandhillcranes 01-12-2013 07:22 PM

I loved them. They were all the rage before OS stuff became the standard.
The absorbancy was good. It wasnt excellent but it was good. They were very trim and very easy to use. The ones that had the pocket for stuffing were perfect. I used to use them with ds and I would stick a hemp babies insert in them. Super trim. My only complaint would be that they were microfiber.

coffeemama 01-12-2013 07:50 PM

I had a few for DD but they were the XS and I cant remember much about them. Thanks for the input, I may keep an eye for a couple to try:thumbsup:

kalibratx4 01-12-2013 07:54 PM

The mediums were our FAVORITE diaper..... they were trim, easy and fit my dd perfectly! The pocket was great for nights or extra absorbency. Once dd hit toddler stage she outgrew the absorbency and I was too lazy to add to them so I sold them, kind wish I didn't.

newtwinmom 01-13-2013 08:03 PM

They are the only thing we use and I don't know if I would have made it this far without them! We are about out of our mediums and PLing still seems distant. Has anyone found a comparable replacement?

clkcurlyq 01-13-2013 08:12 PM

We had a few smalls and hated them. They leaked constantly and were difficult to get clean. I bought them from Craigslist, so perhaps they needed a good stripping. I was brand new to cloth diapers when I used them.

coffeemama 01-13-2013 08:17 PM

I read somewhere that the mediums fit to 22lbs, is that pretty close?