Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   magnetic child safetly locks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480868)

sandrc 01-12-2013 05:56 PM

magnetic child safetly locks
 
has anyone tried the magnetic cabinet child locks? do they work? do they stay shut even when being tugged on by someone stronger than a toddler?

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 01-12-2013 06:05 PM

Lol, I can not get in them with our the magnetic key. We love them.

allisonmartin 01-12-2013 06:17 PM

Re: magnetic child safetly locks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 (Post 16149790)
Lol, I can not get in them with our the magnetic key. We love them.

Yes, but I highly suggest making sure you screw them on, a few of ours have come undone with just the adhesive and some of them don't work(DH just hasn't went back and screwed them in yet). The ones that work are awesome, and I love watching somebody try to open them and then looking at me bewildered as to why they can't open it.:giggle2:

sandrc 01-12-2013 06:24 PM

Re: magnetic child safetly locks
 
do they hold up to a hard jerk?

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 01-12-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandrc
do they hold up to a hard jerk?

As long as you screw them in, NO one is getting them open. As a matter a fact, I suggest buying and extra "key" in case you lose the first one. Ask me why I recommend that, lol

marenmccoy 01-12-2013 06:48 PM

Re: magnetic child safetly locks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 (Post 16149940)
As long as you screw them in, NO one is getting them open. As a matter a fact, I suggest buying and extra "key" in case you lose the first one. Ask me why I recommend that, lol

Yeah, that's kind fo why I've been avoiding them even though someone gave me a package. I am the type of person who looses their keys and finds them later in the bathroom, so I figure this isn't for me. :giggle2:

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 01-12-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allisonmartin

Yes, but I highly suggest making sure you screw them on, a few of ours have come undone with just the adhesive and some of them don't work(DH just hasn't went back and screwed them in yet). The ones that work are awesome, and I love watching somebody try to open them and then looking at me bewildered as to why they can't open it.:giggle2:

I forgot about it when the plumber came over. After a couple a minute I went in to check on him. Lol, it was priceless. He told me he was embarrassed to admit he could not get it open, and was determined he was going to do it, lol

poohbear1208 01-12-2013 07:02 PM

They are awesome, and will hold up to any jerk. That's why we have 3 keys ;)

Bentley'sMomma 01-12-2013 07:06 PM

Love them! Can't open without the key. Actually, a few of my drawers inside wood has splintered apart from men yanking on it so hard it broke the wood, not the lock. The keys are easy to keep up with... I just stick them on the power outlets above the counters in the kitchen and bathrooms.

TeachinAuntie 01-12-2013 07:07 PM

Re: magnetic child safetly locks
 
We got them when we remodeled. Love them. It's been about 2 yrs and we haven't misplaced the one key yet. also, any strong magnet works to open them....so any big magnets on ur fridge will do it. :). Ours are screwed in.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors