Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dark brown spotting and tinged discharge *update in post 33 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480887)

daisy0306 01-12-2013 06:26 PM

Dark brown spotting and tinged discharge *update in post 33

So it's progressed to dark red blood enough to wear a pad. Not really any clots. I feel sore but not crampy. It's like I am having a period. I spent 5 hours in emerg yesterday and they told me basically nothing except my levels are a bit low for my weeks.

LMP Nov 14, most likely conception date is Nov 26th levels are at 7000.

I go back in for my blood work Tuesday the 22nd, Dr appointment that afternoon and ultrasound on the 23rd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am about 8.5 weeks with baby #3. So far it's been an awesome pregnancy, my best so far, no MS and no dip in my energy except for the first 3 weeks.

Yesterday I noticed a tiny bit of discharge that is dark brown, like the spotting you would get before your period starts.

Just now I wiped and I had a bit of eggy discharge that has brown streaks in it. Is this normal? Just leftover menstrual blood?

homebirthmom 01-12-2013 06:35 PM

Re: Dark brown spotting and tinged discharge

if it has any eggwhite substance to it, that tends to mean you are dilating and no its not good. because you have no sickness and all is way better than other pregnancies, that would worry me.
go ahead and take a test and see if its a tad lighter. by now it should be very dark.

it could mean you are implanting more, but you wont know for sure till you either stop bleeding or you start cramping and red bleeding.

bigmamakelsey 01-12-2013 06:42 PM

Brown means old blood - it's probably from implantation bleeding early on that didn't come out. I didn't know egg white mucous means dilation..I had a lot of it during both my pregnancies. Both were of term (or close to.)

s@hmommy 01-12-2013 06:49 PM

I wouldn't worry right now, brown is not normally a color to be concerned about. The egg white discharge I personally wouldn't worry about either, I have always had it with all of my pregnancies, including this one.

daisy0306 01-12-2013 07:10 PM

Thank you :) I talked to my Mom a few days ago and she said with all of her 7 pregnancies she was never ill at all. I have very easy pregnancies so I'm not too concerned, but I figured I should check.

daisy0306 01-12-2013 07:32 PM

Oh I also I had my first prenatal and official confirmation of pregnancy on the 8th so he would have known something was up then if it was?

lynn97 01-12-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@hmommy
I wouldn't worry right now, brown is not normally a color to be concerned about. The egg white discharge I personally wouldn't worry about either, I have always had it with all of my pregnancies, including this one.

Same here.

I had some brown spotting around 7-8 weeks and everything was fine. My doctor said not to worry unless it became bright red.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lynn97 01-12-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy0306
Oh I also I had my first prenatal and official confirmation of pregnancy on the 8th so he would have known something was up then if it was?

Did they do an u/s and find a heartbeat? If not, they probably didn't do anything that would tell them much, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

leyash 01-12-2013 07:51 PM

I also had eggwhite discharge. I'm 23, almost 24 weeks pregnant, and I see it about once a week or two.

Brown blood is old blood. Wouldn't worry too much.

Call your doctor if you're super worried and see if they can check everything out for you.

ambieone 01-12-2013 07:51 PM

not to get you concerned but my first mc started with brown spotting/discharge. If it doesn't turn red then I wouldn't worry. I hope its nothing and everything goes well!