Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   If you bought flip seconds from Cotton Babies... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480897)

Jen083083 01-12-2013 06:53 PM

If you bought flip seconds from Cotton Babies...

If you bought flip seconds from cotton babies, what was wrong with them?

I ordered:

8 flip covers with snaps
2 flip covers with velcro

On one cover, there's a dark mark on the front (from a pencil or something) and it will probably wash out. On most of the other covers, the "wings" on either side (where the front snaps close) are slightly misshapen. They curl up a little. I don't know if this is normal or why they're considered seconds, but I see nothing else wrong with the covers. They look like they're all completely functional. Am I missing something? I checked the snaps and they're all there and it looks like they all line up and everything. Is there something else I should be looking for?

Pixi6s 01-12-2013 06:58 PM

Re: If you bought flip seconds from Cotton Babies...

I think it's often stitching not being prefect.

P!nkPepper 01-12-2013 07:01 PM

I have had a cracked snap (once & I have bought a whole mess of seconds), some wonky stitching, marks that wash out that sort of thing. Typical things are dirt & wonky stitches. Like on the aplix where it goes off the edge or over toward the middle. That cracked snap was the worst thing I have ever had wrong with a second. I have heard of PUL snags/ holes but those affect function & CB makes that right.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

jaelynsmommy61607 01-12-2013 07:02 PM

Nothing. Mine aren't even marked with ma X on the tag.

bethj516 01-12-2013 07:04 PM

One of mine is faded (Blossom) and lighter than my others in that color. One had a mark on the front. One bad slightly uneven snaps. Nothing bad.

LaurenAppenzeller 01-12-2013 07:31 PM

Nothing noticeable usually.

hhilgen2 01-12-2013 08:02 PM

The stitching on ours was just a little wonky and a couple had marks on the exteriors (3 washed out, one didn't). Pretty good deal!

champatlife 01-12-2013 08:45 PM

Its funny I didn't notice anything, but it had little orange sticker dots some on the tag and then on another spot of the diaper, so I thought the second sticker was probably where the defect was, but I still couldn't find it, so I'm sure it's stitching.

Since I never had BGEs, I looked them up and down trying to figure out what went wrong with them too, I like them so tempted to look for them when they're on sale to try and compare.

mommadeeof4+ 01-12-2013 09:13 PM

mine are always perfect and i can never tell except this time around 1 has a snap that does not work at all, still waiting to hear back from them because it literally can not be used :( aside from that i usually love their seconds!

texascellomom 01-13-2013 06:09 AM

My seconds look great. I went over them with a fine tooth comb and they looked just fine to me. Very happy!