Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Difficult transaction - can I return to sender? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480905)

Sankoji 01-12-2013 07:20 PM

Difficult transaction - can I return to sender?

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to DS but take the transactions (all as a buyer) I have made very seriously. I remit payment quickly and communicate well, according to my sellers.

I've had approximately 15+ purchases thusfar, and all but one have gone smoothly. I am still awaiting this "difficult" purchase after 2 weeks and am wondering if I can simply return it to the sender once it finally arrives (and dispute through PayPal)?

I purchased two diapers on 12/29 from a mom with zero ratings. She said that they would ship on that Monday, 12/31. I next heard from her on 1/2, and she said that her entire family had been sick. She would ship them on 1/3 or 1/4, and if needed bump up shipping for quicker arrival.

I had not received them by yesterday, 1/11 with no communication. At this point, frankly, I no longer want them, having waited two weeks for even a DC.

I messaged the seller yesterday. No reply. I messaged her again tonight to tell her that I was going to open a case with PayPal. She replied that they were already shipped and that the DC is in her car...but that we could figure out what to do with them after I receive them. (I never received a DC or any notification from PayPal that they had shipped, and they're still showing as unshipped in my PayPal account.)

When I receive them in the mail, can I simply mark "return to sender" on the envelope and dispute it with PayPal? This transaction has been horrid. Little communication, a 2-week delay prior to shipping, and the only communication forced by my stating that I was opening a PayPal claim. No official tracking through PayPal, and no emails or anything updating me on its status. I'm truly sorry that the seller and her family have been sick, but this is very frustrating for me as a buyer, and consequently, I now have zero interest in her diapers or in maintaining this transaction.

Please let me know if it's acceptable for me to return them and dispute the charge...I'm not familiar enough w/ PayPal (or DS) to know what is appropriate, unfortunately.

s@hmommy 01-12-2013 07:27 PM

Re: Difficult transaction - can I return to sender?

No, it is annoying, but you can't return something simply because she made you mad and did a crappy job of communicating/shipping. If you do return to sender she could possibly deny getting them anyway, so you would be out the money with no proof of return. Just leave her appropriate feedback, that would hurt much more than just returning them for her to resell.

ulawolf 01-12-2013 07:29 PM

Technically she has five post office days to get diapers in the mail. I know most mamas ship faster but that is the "rule" and if they can't for some reason they are supposed to tell you. With the holidays I think letting you know her whole family was sick was a good thing to do. Depending on distance it is possible that you don't have them yet.

Anyway you cannot just put return to sender or you will not get your money back.

If there is nothing wrong with the diapers I am not sure paypal will side with you but I am not sure.

Goodluck

Sankoji 01-12-2013 07:30 PM

s@hmommy - that is a good point about leaving the feedback. I'm new to all of this, so I'm glad that you're helping to explain it! Am I off base that it shouldn't take 2 weeks to ship without regular updates? I ordered some diapers from other moms over the holidays, and all were great about letting me know approximately when the diapers would ship (including if there were delays due to holiday travel). I'm not happy with how the seller has handled this transaction at all.

bigmamakelsey 01-12-2013 07:32 PM

I wouldn't do that. But I think it's more than appropriate to leave neutral feedback.

Sankoji 01-12-2013 07:33 PM

Thanks, ula. It's been 14 days - 11 business days when taking out the New Year's holiday - since I purchased them. It was 10 days ago that she last communicated that her family had been sick but that she would send them out within 2 days. She lives in the closest major city from my smaller city, and the irony of it is that most of our regular mail from out-of-state is routed through this city on the way in. That's why I'm having trouble believing that it would take 8-9 days to get here.

ulawolf 01-12-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankoji (Post 16150115)
Thanks, ula. It's been 14 days - 11 business days when taking out the New Year's holiday - since I purchased them. It was 10 days ago that she last communicated that her family had been sick but that she would send them out within 2 days. She lives in the closest major city from my smaller city, and the irony of it is that most of our regular mail from out-of-state is routed through this city on the way in. That's why I'm having trouble believing that it would take 8-9 days to get here.

If that's the case I agree nuetral feedback but only after you get the diapers. If you don't have diapers by wednesday I would open a case. She will have to then provide a dc code or refund you

s@hmommy 01-12-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankoji (Post 16150099)
s@hmommy - that is a good point about leaving the feedback. I'm new to all of this, so I'm glad that you're helping to explain it! Am I off base that it shouldn't take 2 weeks to ship without regular updates? I ordered some diapers from other moms over the holidays, and all were great about letting me know approximately when the diapers would ship (including if there were delays due to holiday travel). I'm not happy with how the seller has handled this transaction at all.

Oh, it is absolutely unacceptable imo to take 2 weeks to ship! Unfortunately she already shipped when you changed your mind, so I think you agreed for the transaction to continue when she told you that there was a delay and you didn't say never mind then, kwim? I totally get why you are upset, you have every right to be, I just don't think that is a good reason to return them.

ETA- Did she ever actually give you a dc#? If not I would say you have until a certain day/time to give it or you are within your rights to file with pp. If she hasn't shipped you still have the right to back out after this much time.

Rdesonia 01-12-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankoji (Post 16150063)
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to DS but take the transactions (all as a buyer) I have made very seriously. I remit payment quickly and communicate well, according to my sellers.

I've had approximately 15+ purchases thusfar, and all but one have gone smoothly. I am still awaiting this "difficult" purchase after 2 weeks and am wondering if I can simply return it to the sender once it finally arrives (and dispute through PayPal)?

I purchased two diapers on 12/29 from a mom with zero ratings. She said that they would ship on that Monday, 12/31. I next heard from her on 1/2, and she said that her entire family had been sick. She would ship them on 1/3 or 1/4, and if needed bump up shipping for quicker arrival.

I had not received them by yesterday, 1/11 with no communication. At this point, frankly, I no longer want them, having waited two weeks for even a DC.

I messaged the seller yesterday. No reply. I messaged her again tonight to tell her that I was going to open a case with PayPal. She replied that they were already shipped and that the DC is in her car...but that we could figure out what to do with them after I receive them. (I never received a DC or any notification from PayPal that they had shipped, and they're still showing as unshipped in my PayPal account.)

When I receive them in the mail, can I simply mark "return to sender" on the envelope and dispute it with PayPal? This transaction has been horrid. Little communication, a 2-week delay prior to shipping, and the only communication forced by my stating that I was opening a PayPal claim. No official tracking through PayPal, and no emails or anything updating me on its status. I'm truly sorry that the seller and her family have been sick, but this is very frustrating for me as a buyer, and consequently, I now have zero interest in her diapers or in maintaining this transaction.

Please let me know if it's acceptable for me to return them and dispute the charge...I'm not familiar enough w/ PayPal (or DS) to know what is appropriate, unfortunately.

First you are assuming that it took 2 weeks to ship. I'm going to play devils advocate. What if she did ship on the 3rd or 4th and they just haven't got to you yet?
She is a new seller so she probably shipped through the post office rather than through paypal. (I'm assuming that is the case if the DC # receipt is in her car) I think she needs to go to out to her car and provide that number to you. However, it is not required that a seller add the dc # to paypal. It's a nice thing so customers can easily track their stuff but as a new seller she might not know how to update that information manually.

If the diapers have indeed been shipped, I'm not sure why you would open a case with paypal? :headscratch: If the items don't arrive or are not as described then you have a paypal case. Lack of communication/poor communication is not grounds for paypal to force the seller to refund you.

Rdesonia 01-12-2013 07:42 PM

Also if you want you can always contact a Mod about any transaction you have on Diaperswappers if you need help.