Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   stainless steel water bottles (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480916)

NaptownBoys 01-12-2013 07:48 PM

stainless steel water bottles

Do you have a favorite one?

We are using the kind that has a twist top, but I think I want to try the straw/spout kind.

I need to find some for my boys, my sister has the Kids Camelbak but I can't find them anywhere. I've found a website that has one design but I need 2 different ones. If you've seen them anywhere I would love to know! Thanks :)

marenmccoy 01-12-2013 08:26 PM

Re: stainless steel water bottles

For myself, I love my Kleen Kanteen insulated. I have the regular cap and the coffee cap. For kids, I have yet to find one I like. Maybe Safe Sippy is the way to go? I know a lot of people like foogo, but I hate how the big flip lid gets up in their face.

tallanvor 01-12-2013 09:14 PM

We have the Kleen Kanteens with the sports top. My youngest was 3 when she got hers and she did have a little trouble at first with opening it, but it passed.

Cortney 01-20-2013 05:59 PM

I have tried them all......seriously. My favorite is the kleen kanteen I've been using for 6 years staright. It came with the twist top and last year my husband bought me a sports top. Seriously- if it ever 'dies' I will buy another one- just the same.

Talia01 01-20-2013 06:20 PM

We love our Klean Kanteens too! My boys each have the 12oz with a sippy spout, and I have the sports caps & loops for when they are out of the sippy stage.
DS1 who is 2.5 has thrown his many times on cement, it has quite a few dings but still works great. We have the plain stainless finish they look ok still:)
I did try the safe sippy and it lasted a few weeks before the metal cracked somehow?!

PajammaGramma 01-24-2013 11:55 AM

I just got some at LL Bean. So far I like them. Next time I will get an insulated one though. It's really cold and sweaty when I put ice in there!

DIL has Kleen Kanteens and they all love them. They are pretty dinged up from the kiddoes, but work great.

tallanvor 01-24-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PajammaGramma (Post 16200210)
I just got some at LL Bean. So far I like them. Next time I will get an insulated one though. It's really cold and sweaty when I put ice in there!

DIL has Kleen Kanteens and they all love them. They are pretty dinged up from the kiddoes, but work great.

The ones we have from LL Bean are Kleen Kanteens, but with the LL Bean logo as well as the Kleen Kanteen logo. And yes, they sweat quite a bit when you put ice in. You can get the cover thingies, though, if you want. Oh, and the insulated ones work amazingly. I made myself some tea one morning before church, and it was finally cool enough for me to drink about 5 hours later. lol

neonalee 01-28-2013 08:46 PM

Just got my DS a camelbak. Amazon had all their kids designs. I don't like the klean kanteen because of the narrow opening. Are there other types?

Cortney 01-29-2013 05:22 AM

I love my Kleen kanteen......and there are some wide- mouth Kleen kanteens.

Katledoodle 02-01-2013 11:15 AM

Liberty bottles- The ONLY American made metal bottle in the marketplace. You should check 'em out.