Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Induction methods need some positive stories (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480922)

AniMommy 01-12-2013 07:57 PM

So Monday, I'll be 41+4. I've totally had no pressure from dr and I've been getting good NSTs since EDD. I was induced last time (diff dr) and it was a misery. I had a bishops score of 3 and was not "ready" to be induced at 40+6. I was told baby not happy and time to induce. I. did everything, except castor oil, to avoid but no luck. I ended up with bad ppd and PTSD.

Last week when the dr wanted to schedule an induction for 7am on mon, I started to cry. He canceled it and scheduled me for an 8 am office visit where I'm sure we'll discuss induction. I've come to terms with what will happen but still very anxious because last induction was such a misery.

I'm definitely more ready than last time. I've actually had contractions and tons and tons of BH. I am 2cm and 50% eff which is better than 1st preg.

I know the risks and benefits and know this dr won't rec an induction until its really needed. When I talked to him about last time, his comment was, how stressed was the baby if it tolerated a 4 day induction?

He seems to think it will go pretty fast once we start.

My major issue is to break the water and be on the clock or to start pit. In my mind, pit is the devil. It was truly one of the worst experiences of my life. But then to be c/s because labor didn't start seems risky, too.

So those of you who've had "good" induction stories, please share!

Melinda29 01-12-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Induction methods need some positive stories

Pitocin given at 6:30am, epidural around 8:00, slept all morning, ate lunch, broke water, slept some more. Started pushing at 4:00pm, baby born at 5:00. Awesomely perfect.

mommy2sammy 01-12-2013 08:28 PM

Same story, except I didn't start pit till 8am, baby born at 5 pm with only 30 mins of pushing.

Rdesonia 01-12-2013 09:11 PM

Eat pineapple and DTD with lots of nipple stimulation! If nothing else at least your DH might have a little fun.
Don't do castor oil. I did it with DS...all it did was make me puke and not go into labor! That stuff is awful!

canadianbakers 01-12-2013 09:34 PM

I was induced with DS1 and it went really great! It actually may be my favorite birth experience :)
I wrote up a birth plan, included that I did not want AROM - because I didn't want to be on a clock and need to have baby out by a certain time. And I also wanted to be able to stop things and go home if I wasn't progressing.

We started pit at 10am, by 1pm contractions were regular for active labor. We turned off the pit at about 2pm and my body took over from there - I think that was a huge part of things going well. DS1 was born at 10:50pm.

sisu 01-12-2013 09:58 PM

I don't have great induction stories to share ;) but I think if I were you, I would start the pit before AROM to see how your body reacts to it. They can always turn off the pit, but they can' t unbreak your water, you know? Good luck!

my2sweets 01-13-2013 01:12 AM

Ive been induced with all 3 kiddos. With dd1 I was 4cen the day I was induced. It took less then 4hrs. Easy peasy. With dd2 I was 5cen and she was born less then 7hrs after pit was started. Labor was easy-delivery was not *but* that was due to her size *not* the induction. With ds I was only 2cen and his labor took 9.5hrs. Things didnt really get moving until about 2.5hrs after my doc broke my water 6hrs in when I went from a 4 to pushing in only an hr. My only complaint was that my doc left to pick her kids up from school and take them home and while she was gone(longer then she said she'd be) I really wanted the epi. Since she wasnt there though I had to wait for it but once I got it all was well again lol

MrsCrafty 01-13-2013 05:51 AM

With DS I had medical reasons to be induced. I wasn't barely dilated. They broke my water at noon. Started pitocin in at 1:30, and my DS was born at 6:20 pm. :goodvibes: I hope baby decides to be ready before you need to be induced!

earthmama7 01-13-2013 09:09 AM

With my second son all they had to do was break my water and my husband helped me to stimulate oxytocin points and it worked! Had my son 8 hours after my water broke. Maybe that will be all you need!

March 01-13-2013 09:20 AM

Would he be willing to start with a foley bulb? I know women who've been induced at nearly 42 for whom only the foley bulb was necessary, and it fell out when they reached 4 cm, and they did the rest on their own!