Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   couponing at target gone wrong :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1480942)

cassie.sattler 01-12-2013 09:58 PM

couponing at target gone wrong :(

well i just started really getting into using coupons which on average i can usually save 50-60% on my bill WHOO WHOOO! however i had a terrible time with the cashier today

first i had some target coupons
1.50 off two up&up cleaning items i bought their wipes at 1.79 each. he didnt even ring the second item up and didnt bother using the coupon. i got a fair price but come on really?!

i also had .75 off up & up fem. care item. i decided to use it on a 1.97 pack of pads which again he was to lazy and didnt even ring the item up or use the coupon...

i also had a 1$ off target coupon for a large thing of all detergent and a manufacture coupon for 2$ off two (target had a buy two get $5 gift card). that rang out right but he forgot to scan the 1$ off target coupon...

the only thing he got right where my paper towels that i had a piddly 25 cent off coupon for...

the prices came out remotely ok because he didnt bother scanning some items but seriously?! what if someone checked my bag and some items were not on there. is this rocket science? you dont even need to manually type the numbers for the coupons or anything:banghead:
no wonder he was in the 10 items or less line:afraid:

erin_c_odonnell 01-12-2013 10:03 PM

Re: couponing at target gone wrong :(

Ummm how is that even legal?? On his part I mean not yours. You didn't do anything wrong but HE basically was stealing from his company I would think. :headscratch:

Tabatha 01-12-2013 10:15 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.. it's a wonder he hasn't been fired! I mean, two free $2 items in each order? He has to have at least 15 people go through his line an hour, that's 30 dollars of free product an hour lol way more than he makes. I can't believe he hasn't gotten in trouble for this before?

Rdesonia 01-12-2013 10:16 PM

Yeah.. I don't understand why he was not ringing up the items. Stores get reimbursed for the coupons so the store basically got stolen from because they can't get reimbursed. Did he keep the coupons?
I would call the manager and tell them what happened. You are not at fault and that cashier needs serious training!

vatblack 01-12-2013 10:21 PM

This is really odd.

erin_c_odonnell 01-12-2013 10:29 PM

Yeah it like he threw items out the door- I mean the store can't get reimbursed unless they sell the item (ring up, show proof) and also how is the store going to know the item was sold come inventory time? He technically stole those items :( I'd report him too

Tabatha 01-12-2013 10:42 PM

I completely forgot: this happened to me at bed bath and beyond a couple weeks ago. I couldn't understand why my bill was so low until I got home and looked at the receipt. I got 3 leaf place mats, 2 beige place mats, a log toy set and 4 napkins that cost $1.99 each and she didn't ring up ANY of the napkins yet she put them in the bag, I'm not really sure how you miss that. Usually when that happens to me it's my fault because I forgot to take items out of the cart, and I always take them back.

Bella Catalina 01-12-2013 10:49 PM

Wow. I don't coupon, but I know Target is supposedly pretty strict about their coupon policy, so that is just crazy. Call the store and have your receipt handy--it will have the cashier's code/# on the top. The next person may be accused of stealing because of his actions. I know Target doesn't have bag checkers like WM does (or used to), but even with cameras, it would be his word vs the customer's... and I'm betting he would possibly lie to keep his job.

MinkaK 01-13-2013 12:53 AM

what a strange transaction. I would never go to that checkout person again for sure. I would call too, that was wrong of him.

77Lipen 01-13-2013 01:04 AM

You get a 'bonus' for how fast items go through your till and how many customers you see through while your logged onto the till (ie, if no one is at the till you are logged off so its not 'dead time').
It's supposed to encourage efficiency but it appears in this case someone has found a way to cheat it.