Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481012)

canadianbakers 01-13-2013 07:11 AM

Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th

:cowwave:

canadianbakers 01-13-2013 07:17 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bai18176 (Post 16150748)
I feel huge! I don't know how my belly can stretch for another trimester. I just can't imagine. Despite feeling huge, I keep getting the "how small you look for twins" remarks. And, at least they are usually followed with what a cute pregnant person I am :) Too bad I don't feel cute!

That's cuz you are small for 2 in there! I mean, when I compare your belly to mine... and I've only got one Hiccup in mine! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamsmom (Post 16150954)
I am feeling huge as well. lots of pressure and everyone keeps telling me how big I am looking...I am also only 5'2" and since this is my first I am not sure what to expect but not sure how this belly is going to stretch 3 more months!

Normal to feel pressure in your pelvis and "down there" - there's a lot of weight pressing down that your body isn't used to carrying around, kwim?
:) Your belly looks very normal... to me! I'm just 5' and I've always gotten big like this with all my pregnancies.
Honestly... it does stretch! It seems not possible, but it is! Here... this is a pic of me at 40 weeks with Levi... just to give you an idea of what you may look like in another 3 months :)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...evi/40wk2d.jpg

AFM: Church and whatnot today. I really need groceries (was planning to go yesterday, but we got a storm/blizzard Friday and yesterday). I think I can put off the big trip until Monday though.
:crossfingers: the day will go well with Levi and pottying - first day out of the house since we've started with him, and only day 4 of trying, so we'll see.

MrsCrafty 01-13-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 16151358)
from last weeks' thread...

That's cuz you are small for 2 in there! I mean, when I compare your belly to mine... and I've only got one Hiccup in mine! :)

Normal to feel pressure in your pelvis and "down there" - there's a lot of weight pressing down that your body isn't used to carrying around, kwim?
:) Your belly looks very normal... to me! I'm just 5' and I've always gotten big like this with all my pregnancies.
Honestly... it does stretch! It seems not possible, but it is! Here... this is a pic of me at 40 weeks with Levi... just to give you an idea of what you may look like in another 3 months :)
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...evi/40wk2d.jpg

AFM: Church and whatnot today. I really need groceries (was planning to go yesterday, but we got a storm/blizzard Friday and yesterday). I think I can put off the big trip until Monday though.
:crossfingers: the day will go well with Levi and pottying - first day out of the house since we've started with him, and only day 4 of trying, so we'll see.

Hope the pottying goes well today!

DS had a sleep over at my cousins house last night, his BFFs with her DS so I'm hoping that went well! I'm heading into the city to pick him up and go to a family birthday party at the bowling alley, so that should be fun. DH is staying home, he's got work to do in the barns today.
So we bought a dresser yesterday, just an used one, and I'm getting excited to dress it up. I think I've decided to paint it white, and then if I can find pink lace, put that over the drawers. And some cute hardware I still need to find! :giggle2:

andrea020611 01-13-2013 09:27 AM

Good luck with the potty training! I keep thinking we should start with Anna, then I get lazy and it doesn't happen. Sounds like a good mat leave project for me once we're settled in with the new baby :)

I'm so far behind with the posts, but finally caved and bought myself a new laptop - makes a huge difference compared to trying to type out responses on my phone!!

My ticker on my pregnancy app this morning says 100 days to go - wow, almost in the double digits!! Only 10 work weeks left, it's starting to feel like I just might have a baby soon and not be pregnant forever. Yay :) :)

dagmomma 01-13-2013 09:40 AM

So how old are all the pt babes.

Peyton is 17 months should I try or just wait. Her brothers did not until closer to 3 but is it worth a shot or am I setting myself up for failure?

mibarra 01-13-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagmomma (Post 16151739)
So how old are all the pt babes.

Peyton is 17 months should I try or just wait. Her brothers did not until closer to 3 but is it worth a shot or am I setting myself up for failure?

Unless she's REALLY ready Id wait. DD2 is kinda casually using the potty every once in awhile when she feels like it. She just turned 2 on Dec 29th. The only reason we tried is because she was interested because of big sis. But after a few days I can tell she's not really ready.

DD1 didn't fully train for pee til just before 3 and then another 3-4 months for poop. We didn't really start with her til closer to 2.5.

While some kids are earlier, most I know haven't really "clicked" til closer to 3;)

EmilytheStrange 01-13-2013 02:11 PM

Hey all - missed you last week :)

we tried to PT DD at 22months - she seemed REALLY interested.. but alas it didn't go well. I am not sorry that I gave her the chance though. I am glad that I had the wisdom to let it go when it was evident that it wasn't happening instead of continuing to frustrate myself and her.

So, I've got an update to my nursery poop diaper story :) So glad I didn't overreact or anything, because it's really quite understandable. When we took DD in to the nursery today, I told the nice ladies that if she needed a diaper change, which I didn't expect her to, that they didn't need to dump anything, just put it in this bag. Normal stuff. The lady said 'oh, last week, we took all the 2-3 yr olds to the potty and she insisted on sitting on it, but I didn't have her diaper bag, so I just dumped it and had to put her diaper back on'. So, much more understandable. End of service and we got there before she had a chance to fix it in the classroom :)

in other news.. there isn't really any other news for me. We fly to Texas for about 2 weeks tomorrow morning, so just working on laundry and packing and all the fun stuff that goes along with that. Nothing to report except normal pregnancy things - uncomfortable, hard to breathe, can barely pick up my 2yo anymore :)

went to a baby shower last night and was gone 5 hours. Have been thinking really hard and I do believe the last time I had 5 hours to myself was before I had DD. It was really refreshing. Really have to work on doing that a little more often. And I don't even mind taking the newbie because they're so portable for the first little bit.

it's now possible that DH will miss the birth.. but not putting too much energy into thinking about it right now because well, there's no point unless the military finalizes it. We'll see.

Hope everyone is doing very well :)

momneedssupport 01-13-2013 03:44 PM

I feel huge too. Actually, his movements make me feel a little sea sick sometimes.

Clara randomly potties in the toilet, usually when bubba is in there goibg #2......no idea why.

Glad the dipe incident was randomness!!!

Good and safe travels to texas!!!! Hope its an enjoyable visit!!!

Afm:church.....long day bc i was there for 2 services, watched kiddos in 1yo room and that is just alot for me. Then lunch with the in laws as usual. I did leave ds5 with dad today.....hoping he will convince dad to join us.

Im uber tired these last few days. Guess im going thru a tired phase:/

EmilytheStrange 01-13-2013 03:47 PM

is it weird that a lot of the movements are so low that I swear I have a mole baby trying to claw it's way out of me?

but honestly, it's weird, I'll feel the kick and I'll feel a sharp tinge in my lady bits at the same time. Maybe it's normal for a breech baby.

2 services with 1yos would leave me drained as well. Any sane person, I would think :)

momneedssupport 01-13-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16153086)
is it weird that a lot of the movements are so low that I swear I have a mole baby trying to claw it's way out of me?

but honestly, it's weird, I'll feel the kick and I'll feel a sharp tinge in my lady bits at the same time. Maybe it's normal for a breech baby.

2 services with 1yos would leave me drained as well. Any sane person, I would think :)

That happens to me all day. Sometimes my cervix twinges, sometimes my bladder and sometimes my hip tickles. Right now i have serious rectal pressure.....like he's laying on it or sonething.

Only 1 service with 1yo, thank goodness! But my eyes were droopy during the message.