Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Poop Question/Advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481054)

l_Kimmie_l 01-13-2013 10:33 AM

Poop Question/Advice

Yes I am the question whore today:giggle:

My 9 month old just started solids 2 times per day. He has been once a day for a week now (yes we delayed). He has not had a good poop since. Just a little turdy squirt with each diaper. He has been fussy the last 2 days. Could be growth spurt (started crawling, got 4 teeth, and pulling up in the last 2 weeks) and wanting the booby a lot. Could be more teeth. Could be constipation.

If he does not poop by tonight would you mix some mirilax in his food tomorrow? He has his own prescription, so I would not be self dosing. I have tried punes and apples, etc. Or would you wait longer and see if it works itself out?

Tina5834 01-13-2013 11:18 AM

Does he seem bothered by his lack of poop?

tallanvor 01-13-2013 11:23 AM

Re: Poop Question/Advice

Hmmm, tough call. I would probably do a dose to help get things moving. Constipation, especially at that age, increases the chances for a UTI.

l_Kimmie_l 01-13-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 16152045)
Does he seem bothered by his lack of poop?

I am not sure as he has been unusually fussy for him for 2 days now. Not sure if it is a growth spurt, teeth, developemental, or poop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 16152061)
Hmmm, tough call. I would probably do a dose to help get things moving. Constipation, especially at that age, increases the chances for a UTI.

Last thing I want is that. I rather give him his meds.

Suzi 01-13-2013 12:30 PM

I would do a glycerin suppository before I'd do miralax. i took 1/4 of the adult dose for myself once and my guts hurt sooo bad. It fixed the problem which was nice but wasn't worth the discomfort.

keen1981 01-13-2013 12:33 PM

I agree, suppository. And usually extra nursing helps my kids.

l_Kimmie_l 01-13-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981 (Post 16152322)
I agree, suppository. And usually extra nursing helps my kids.

He has been wanting to nurse a lot lately. Maybe this is why.

Teexie 01-13-2013 01:00 PM

This happened a couple times when we started solids. I cut out the solids and nursed more til she pooped

mibarra 01-13-2013 01:35 PM

This happened to my DD when we started solids as well. Lots of tummy rubs (clockwise from your point of view with baby facing you), lots of fluids, and a glycerin suppository occasionally when needed was what we did.

l_Kimmie_l 01-13-2013 01:51 PM

He is so fussy. I am not sure why. He does not seem sick. How much of a suppository would I give?