Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baby only on one side? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481150)

Christylkeller 01-13-2013 03:04 PM

Baby only on one side?

Has anyone had any experience with baby only hanging out on one particular side? This little guy has been firmly planted on my left side for months now. All movement is felt at midline or to the left. Sometimes it even feels like he is trying to get around my hip to my back. The left side of my belly is hard with baby and the right side is so squishy. All of my other full term pregnancies have had movement all over. Belly rolling side to side or even up and down but not this one. I have never even heard of baby not taking over ALL available space in the belly. Anyone have any insight or experience?

mommycass 01-13-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Baby only on one side?

I felt baby more on my right this pregnancy. I'm 36 weeks now and I still feel him mostly in the middle and right side, definitly in my right rib cage.. My mw said he seems to be laying with his backside to my left. I believe it may have to do with where the placenta is too.

Tina5834 01-13-2013 03:42 PM

All my kids like my right side. I even have more stretch marks in that side. My tummy is always lopsided.

joeslittlewoman 01-13-2013 03:47 PM

All three of my boys have chosen a side. This babe is on the right. I thought my other two liked the left, but I'm not certain. It makes the excess skin on one side hang more PP as well, hahahahaha!

One thing I've noticed that seems weird is my kids are never under my ribs. I often feel them on top of my ribs when sitting or lying. I have never had a kid hurt my ribs, but I'm so short I can see and feel movement an inch below my breasts.

EmilytheStrange 01-13-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommycass (Post 16153062)
I believe it may have to do with where the placenta is too.

this is my thought.

DD's placenta was near the bottom and she hung out head down all the time - right in the middle - no rolling around that I can remember.

this baby's placenta is at the top and baby is hanging out breech - right in the middle - with fairly short spurts of rolling around.

personally, I think my long torso just gives baby so much verticle space that they hang out right there.

but I think the placenta has a lot to do with it.

Christylkeller 01-13-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman (Post 16153085)
One thing I've noticed that seems weird is my kids are never under my ribs. I often feel them on top of my ribs when sitting or lying. I have never had a kid hurt my ribs, but I'm so short I can see and feel movement an inch below my breasts.

That must be so weird to see movement just below the breasts!! I have had 1 baby that LOVED hanging out under the ribs! OUCH! But this one LOVES hanging out over my left hip... I feel movement in front of my hip and at my side near the back.

I wondered about the placenta placement too having something to do with position. At my 22 week scan, the placenta was at the top... can is move down to the right side at this point? :headscratch:

I might mention it to my OB at my next appt. Not that I think anything is wrong, but with being a VBA3C, I want to be up front about ANY significant differences in the pregnancy. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all of your inputs! I feel more normal now!! :goodvibes:

joeslittlewoman 01-13-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christylkeller

That must be so weird to see movement just below the breasts!! I have had 1 baby that LOVED hanging out under the ribs! OUCH! But this one LOVES hanging out over my left hip... I feel movement in front of my hip and at my side near the back.

I wondered about the placenta placement too having something to do with position. At my 22 week scan, the placenta was at the top... can is move down to the right side at this point? :headscratch:

I might mention it to my OB at my next appt. Not that I think anything is wrong, but with being a VBA3C, I want to be up front about ANY significant differences in the pregnancy. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all of your inputs! I feel more normal now!! :goodvibes:

I didn't realize it was weird until recently. I thought it was weird that my very active boys fully filled my torso from pelvis to breast, but never once hurt my ribs.

Good luck with your vba3c!!

EmilytheStrange 01-13-2013 05:58 PM

I don't think it would move significantly after 22 weeks, but you know what? it might.
let us know what the dr says, I'd be interested in knowing.

or it might have nothing at all to do with the placenta :)

katymf 01-13-2013 06:39 PM

DD is head down but her body is curved so her butt has always been on my right side. It's literally a big hard ball all day, every day!! It's so funny to know exactly where she is

RunawayBunny 01-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christylkeller (Post 16153316)

From what my old and current OBs said, the placenta does not move, but only part of it is attached firmly. So as your uterus expands it may get drawn to a new area giving it the perception of movement. Like, if you put on a sticky note towards the top of a half filled balloon it may look like its by the top, but if the sticky part is in the middle when the balloon is filled the sticky note will be in the middle. So its not going to move to cover more or new area, just less of what it was covering as things expanded. If that makes any sense...

I am still hoping my placenta just looks like its covering my cervix... And to the original question, DS always seemed to be on my right side and under my rib. So painful!