Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My 50 year old vagina hates me (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481151)

dani_p 01-13-2013 03:07 PM

My 50 year old vagina hates me

I am only 28 years old.... but I feel like I'm 50. I have (self-diagnosed) lactation induced vaginal atrophy. From what I gather, it is a fairly common, yet seldom discussed side effect of nursing. Low estrogen leads to menopause-like symptoms. Sex is bearable-ish... and sometimes enjoyable. The aftermath is NOT.

It is the WORST thing I have ever endured. Ever.

I get a bajillion micro-tears that itch like nothing I've ever experienced as they heal. Because of the itching and the involuntary scratching, they take a week or more to heal. I am up half the night in agony... crying and willing myself not to scratch. I am like a zombie all day; unable to perform even minor tasks. Sometimes even walking around the house is painful. My daughter is 13 months old and I'm not willing to force her to wean before she is ready.

Has anyone else gone through this? What has worked for you? I prefer natural or homeopathic remedies if possible.

I don't have insurance at the moment and can't really afford to see a doctor. At this point, I'm ready to avoid any sexual contact until my daughter weans... my husband, on the other hand disagrees.:mrgreen:

palsmama 01-13-2013 03:10 PM

Re: My 50 year old vagina hates me

Could you try using coconut oil as lube? It's wonderful in the bedroom! ;) maybe it will make things more bearable ?

crunchymom2b 01-13-2013 03:49 PM

Well, what if you guys compromise and do anything but sex? There are plenty of ways to make him happy besides that! I'm sorry you're dealing with this though :-(

thealmightyme 01-13-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palsmama (Post 16152966)
Could you try using coconut oil as lube? It's wonderful in the bedroom! ;) maybe it will make things more bearable ?

You could definitely try lube of some sort, and try the other ways also. I get dry sometimes and the itchies, lube works well.

Heather8183 01-13-2013 04:09 PM

Coconut oil allllll the way! Its not sticky and I nasty like other lubes, and it really moisturizes even after dtd!

hilaryisinked 01-13-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather8183
Coconut oil allllll the way! Its not sticky and I nasty like other lubes, and it really moisturizes even after dtd!

Yeah that!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MyNameIsMama 01-13-2013 05:25 PM

Another coconut oil fan here

MandaMommy2 01-13-2013 09:45 PM

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I'm having a similar issue, but not as severe. My OB gave me estrogen cream to use three times a week, but I keep forgetting to use it. My husband and I really don't have sex much because we're kind of in a funk, but when we do I feel like I use a whole bottle of lube. We usually have to stop to use more ugh. I get the micro tears too and the next morning is very painful. I think I'll try the coconut oil too that others have suggested.

l_Kimmie_l 01-14-2013 08:04 AM

No wonder I felt the way I did the last time we had sex. My vagina was all set and telling him to go away.

KLeeCW 01-14-2013 06:23 PM

I have this same problem! I thought I might be allergic to the condom material, but it always shows up a couple days after which made me think it was something else. I'll have to look into this. Sorry, no advice OP, :hugs: