Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   TMI THREAD!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481169)

Andbabymakes2 01-13-2013 05:26 PM

TMI THREAD!!!!

Sorry but I didn't want to post the issue in the title. :giggle: Is anyone else dealing with severe constipation already? I have issues normally but now that I am taking the iron (my prenatal doesn't have any) and not drinking regular coffee I am going to die. I've barely gone in 4-5 days and I feel horrible. I even took some senna pills! Nothing! I need suggestions. :banghead:

mvp529 01-13-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2
Sorry but I didn't want to post the issue in the title. :giggle: Is anyone else dealing with severe constipation already? I have issues normally but now that I am taking the iron (my prenatal doesn't have any) and not drinking regular coffee I am going to die. I've barely gone in 4-5 days and I feel horrible. I even took some senna pills! Nothing! I need suggestions. :banghead:

Yes!! I was in the same boat just the other day. I took the max dose of milk of magnesia. It worked in like 2 hours. I am also taking 4 of the fiber gummies each day. It's so miserable!

sisu 01-13-2013 05:46 PM

Re: TMI THREAD!!!!

Not this time, but with my last pregnancy I was taking Zofran and didn't poop for practically the first two trimesters. :laugh: My doc recommended some type of fiber capsules, those and a ton of water helped a little.

robyn_h 01-13-2013 06:08 PM

Coffee was the only thing that could make me go during my short time on zofran. I drank regular coffee but I read that decaf would work too. I guess if decaf didn't work I would try caffeinated, but I know some people are more careful than me.

BeccaSueCongdon 01-13-2013 06:31 PM

Psyllium husk is a good one for dealing with constipation. I took Magenium/calcium supplements that made a big difference. There is a powdered drink mix that's called Calm that's at Fred Meyers in the natural section. It tastes like lemonade. And I have a friend who swears by adding 1 tbsp of oil (olive oil) daily. You can put it over salad, mix it with oatmeal, or pour it over eggs.

stevensmom 01-13-2013 06:35 PM

I have the opposite problem :( I have (self diagnosed) IBS and its horrible when I'm not pregnant. That I'm kind of glad to get the relief every 2 days of nothing :giggle2:

but yes being plugged up is horrid! Hope you can find some relief

Monkeymamaof2 01-13-2013 06:41 PM

I take miralax every other day and stool softeners (2) in the evenings. I take them faithfully because I am on the Zofran pump. I normally take fiber pills but lately they make me really bloated.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Andbabymakes2 01-13-2013 07:22 PM

Hmmm. Thanks ladies! I do have psyllium husk already. Maybe I'll try that. I might just need to do the MOM tonight though.

lynn97 01-14-2013 12:12 AM

I struggled with this during my first pg and have already had a few issues this time. My rx prenatal has stool softener in it, which really seems to help but sometimes I take my gummy prenatals instead. Metamucil (or any other physillium husk fiber) helps too. I was in the same boat as you last week but I felt like everything was "right there" (sorry if that is tmi). I was planning on getting glycerin suppositories if things didn't happen on their own but, thankfully, they did. Everything I read said that glycerin suppositories were safe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Andbabymakes2 01-14-2013 09:02 AM

I don't normally have this issue this early on which sucks. I know some of it is a diet thing too. I haven't been eating the best. I will def start a fiber regimen.