Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DD has bad foot odor..why?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481178)

LittleABC 01-13-2013 05:01 PM

DD has bad foot odor..why??

My DD is 6. But her foot odor is HORRIBLE.:eek::thud: Her dad works 10 hour days, in thick socks and work boots, gets all kinds of sweaty and his foot odor doesn't even come close to DD's. We have NO idea why. Can anyone help with maybe why or what we can do for it? I love natural cures for things like herbs and Essential Oils. It is so bad, when she takes her shoes off she HAS to get her feet washed. We can not handle the smell. :yuck:

Thanks

ambieone 01-13-2013 05:06 PM

Re: DD has bad foot odor..why??

This is too funny......only because my DD has stinky feet too! And she has since she was little! (she is 7 now) we put foot powder in her socks on school days since she has to have her shoes on all day. I know its not natural but if you can't find anything else it seems to help!

rverrone11 01-13-2013 05:09 PM

My 5 year old DDs are like that but not when it's this cold outside. I read somewhere that soaking them in tepid tea will help (it will make her feet turn a brownish color though).

LittleABC 01-13-2013 05:12 PM

Hers are ALL the time. UGH.

Brooke789 01-13-2013 05:36 PM

So, my SIL is the same way. Terrible foot odor. Her older brothers (my husband included) used to terrorize her with her smelly shoes. Now, as an adult, she does not take her shoes off in front of people. She has certain shoes she only wears for work (and leaves them outside at home) and wears flip flops as much as possible otherwise.

My DD seems to have pretty smelly feet too. I'm not sure that it is as bad as my SILs, but her feet are very smelly. When she was a baby or early toddler wearing the PJs with feet the feet smelled bad out of the wash. The smell just wouldn't come out of them. Now she doesn't wear those and we have to be sure her shes stay somewhere they can really air out. She only wears certain shoes for certain things. One pair for daycare, one for outside and one for around the house (out and about/special shoes). We have no cure, but it seems to run in the family.

Interestingly, I don't have any foot odor issues personally, but when I was pregnant my feet sweated nonstop. So bad that I'd take an extra pair of socks to work and switch halfway through the day. I took SILs model and left my shoes outside. After the babies were born it stopped, but I had to get rid of most of my shoes.

MDever 01-13-2013 05:47 PM

My sister was like that when she was a child ( I assume she still has stinky feet). We thought part of it was because she had sensory issues and could not tolerate many types of socks and she LOVED jelly shoes with a passion:chuckle: I have heard that wool socks help and that sprinkling baking soda in their shoes while they air out. Maybe you could try shaking a few T. in her shoes and then dump it out before she wears them? The smell comes from bacteria so eliminating the bacteria is key. I prefer more natural remedies myself but if they are as bad as my sister's I would scrub her feet with Dial soap.

Fither 01-13-2013 07:40 PM

Have you taken her to a podiatrist? A friend of mine had problems with stinky feet and the podiatrist helped her fix it.

Poor girl. :( I hope you can get it figured out for her.

tallanvor 01-13-2013 08:16 PM

I would say start by making sure she wears cotton or wool socks. The baking soda idea to help her shoes is a good idea.

I also definitely think going to a podiatrist, as a PP mentioned, would be a good idea.