Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   anyone ever pull a stomach muscle while preggo? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481228)

kushie tushie 01-13-2013 07:19 PM

Apparently I did yesterday. I'm 32 weeks and now i can not function. I'm in severe pain. I can't move, breath or talk without waiting to cry. I can barely take care of myself let alone my kids.
My midwife said to take some Tylenol and use a heating pad as needed. She also said rest as much as possible.

Any have any tips that got you through while you were pregnant?

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Christylkeller 01-13-2013 07:26 PM

Re: anyone ever pull a stomach muscle while preggo?

OUCH!! And yes, I pulled a stomach muscle a while back. It really hurt, a LOT! I found my belly support band didn't help much initially, but after a couple of days when it wasn't so tender to touch, it helped give the support that was needed. And NO lifting... I couldn't even push our drug delivery totes with my foot without searing pain. And of course, time... Sorry momma. It has to be even worse being 32 weeks. I think I was around 25ish weeks maybe. Hope you are pain free soon!!

kushie tushie 01-13-2013 08:19 PM

So you remember how long it took to heal?

Steph Ed 01-13-2013 08:26 PM

I've felt like I did, but it didn't hurt long enough to have been that. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure every time you move you feel it!

This evening while cooking, I did burn my 36-week-pregnant stomach on an eye i had just cut off reaching to get salt out of the cabinet overhead. It really hurt, but was kinda funny at the same time : )

Christylkeller 01-13-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie (Post 16154102)
So you remember how long it took to heal?

It was near a week before I could wear my support band, but easily a few weeks before pushing things with my foot didn't hurt. I still try not to lift any more than 10-15 lbs. I remember the pain was awful and I really thought at 1st that I might have done something internally to my c/s scar. I mentioned it to my OB at my next appt. and she said that it just takes time and isn't likely to heal all the way until after birth because of the increased pressure in that region. Sorry momma!

I did find that tylenol and baths helped a lot at night before bed. I took tylenol during the day as well. And NO lifting.

kushie tushie 01-14-2013 09:39 AM

I haven't been lifting anything and have been resting as much as possible.

Tina5834 01-14-2013 09:45 AM

No advice but I do want to offer :hugs: I hope you are pain free soon.

norrahsmommy 01-14-2013 09:47 AM

I have one right now and it sucks. I habe to sit down a LOT and at work that doesn't work so well since I have a timeframe to get meds out. I am just glad it's almost over.