Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Postpartum Birth Control? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481236)

The Fancy Pansy 01-13-2013 07:44 PM

Postpartum Birth Control?

Okay, ladies...our time is coming...and before we know it, we're going to be looking at BC again, soooo, what are your thoughts?

We've always just used condoms in conjunction with charting my obvious CM changes while nursing, and been successful with that. But I HATE condoms. :yuck: I got PPAF at 4 months PP both times before, so I'm expecting the same this go around.

I can't/won't use the mini pill or any of the IUD type things, so I feel like I'm out of options. But I REALLY can't get pregnant again. This pregnancy has been more than enough to convince me that my body just can't handle another. :cry:

The Fancy Pansy 01-13-2013 07:45 PM

Re: Postpartum Birth Control?

Oops, meant to post this in the Feb 2013 DDC, but I guess this might be a better place anyway, since everyone moved to FB.

joeslittlewoman 01-13-2013 08:24 PM

We've charted with condoms too, but hubby wants something a little more, foolproof? Convenient? Constant? IDK. We both agree that I need to avoid hormones, so he wants another paraguard (had one before we had kids). I'm not seeing a lot if other non-hormonal options. And the options I do find are even less convenient/effective than FAM with condoms. Need to talk to my doc about it soon.

EmilytheStrange 01-13-2013 08:42 PM

hey you're in Idaho! me too!

anyways.. I dunno. Last time, DH deployed when DD was 8 weeks, so that was pretty dang effective birth control :)

I suspect I might look into the minipill, but then you said that wasn't an option for you. Are you opposed to things like diaphrams? Do they sell those anymore? Am I old? Not that I ever had one, just that I have seen that episode of Seinfeld :)

I know a lady who got some thing stuck in her arm. And then there's the depo shot type things. I can't handle a lot of hormones - I used the patch for awhile and the concentration of hormones made me literally sick to my stomach. But if you can handle that stuff...

The Fancy Pansy 01-13-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16154187)
hey you're in Idaho! me too!

anyways.. I dunno. Last time, DH deployed when DD was 8 weeks, so that was pretty dang effective birth control :)

I suspect I might look into the minipill, but then you said that wasn't an option for you. Are you opposed to things like diaphrams? Do they sell those anymore? Am I old? Not that I ever had one, just that I have seen that episode of Seinfeld :)

I know a lady who got some thing stuck in her arm. And then there's the depo shot type things. I can't handle a lot of hormones - I used the patch for awhile and the concentration of hormones made me literally sick to my stomach. But if you can handle that stuff...

:waves:

I was actually fitted for a diaphragm after my first lo but never got it, after I found out you had to leave it in for hours. I might look into it again, though.

I will probably go on the combo pill or patch after I wean, but while nursing, I couldn't do anything hormonal.

abunchoflemons 01-13-2013 10:48 PM

Yea I agree with you. Our group has disapated it seems. We haven't used condoms so idk..... thinking paragaurd. I'm not regular so that doesn't work after a while.....

MinkaK 01-13-2013 11:32 PM

I am on the nuvaring. Easy to use. No drop in supply either, DS2 still nurses like it is the best thing ever :)

lynn97 01-13-2013 11:36 PM

I am also in this boat. But we haven't fully committed (yet) that this will be our last. I will probably consider the mini pill, even though I was limited in what I could take the last time. Or it will just need to be condom city for us for a while. I had tons of bleeding issues with DS so I have no idea when my period wod have returned. And I have no idea what to expect this time either. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jennayoung99 01-14-2013 08:07 AM

We're just using condoms until DH gets a vasectomy sometime next year. I didn't get AF back until around 6 month with DD. I'm with you with not knowing what to do, I hate condoms, and I will not do anything hormonal, and iuds scare the crap out of me, also you can't really chart until AF comes back and has regulated. Its a tough spot.

Melinda29 01-15-2013 12:17 PM

Vasectomy :)