Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   General wool wash question added (anyone use Ecover delicate wash for anything?) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481241)

c&w's mama 01-13-2013 09:07 PM

General wool wash question added (anyone use Ecover delicate wash for anything?)

in my never-ending quest (or now over- not stocked in this area, I guess) quest to locate a single bottle of ecover fabric softener, I was given a bottle of the delicate wash... it rang up wool wash... anyone use it for wool?

BldrArch 01-13-2013 09:46 PM

I actually just bought some to felt up some wool interlock I bought to make longies (the stuff with the purple cap?). It was recommended by sbish as a wool wash. I do also intend to use it when washing as well. But I did also buy a wool wash bar I couldn't resist don't ask me why LOL!

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

c&w's mama 01-14-2013 10:48 AM

Re: anyone use Ecover delicate wash for anything?

perfect- thanks! just what I needed :)

you don't happen to know if it makes colors run/bleed? I'll test it first on others, but I have a new beautiful pair of longies and I'll cry if I loose any of the dyed perfection.

Unnecessarily dramatic, but does anyone have a routine that doesn't make the dye bleed? I know I saw reference to this awhile ago, but didn't subscribe. I don't really want to microwave in vinegar ;) to set them. Perhaps they are already beautifully set- but I don't want to learn the hard way if I don't have to.

c&w's mama 01-14-2013 10:49 AM

Re: anyone use Ecover delicate wash for anything?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BldrArch (Post 16154198)
But I did also buy a wool wash bar I couldn't resist don't ask me why LOL!

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

oh, I can't help myself, either ;)

BldrArch 01-14-2013 02:25 PM

Re: General wool wash question added (anyone use Ecover delicate wash for anything?)

I have no clue about colors bleeding. I left the interlock natural and it's my first time with wool. good luck!

LRL 01-14-2013 02:40 PM

Re: General wool wash question added (anyone use Ecover delicate wash for anything?)

I've used it to wash wool wraps with before with no issues. It's one of my favorite detergents, though too expensive to use for everything.

c&w's mama 01-14-2013 09:56 PM

ok, here goes! Thanks ladies- trying it now...

annagirl900 01-14-2013 10:03 PM

YES! I love Ecover delicate wool wash for our longies. It's amazing--I can't believe how clean it gets wool!

c&w's mama 01-14-2013 10:29 PM

just mixed the bucket- smells yummy (and I'm not big on smells these days).

and great at cleaning, you say... tomorrow, in go the grungy looking natural tiny tushes (they're like disana soakers and they've been used for a year now because I bought them huge for a huge baby) :) that should be a true test.

mrsmccullen07 01-14-2013 11:56 PM

I can't find it local so where do you ladies buy this online ?