Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baby name survey! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481242)

maddys_mama 01-13-2013 08:09 PM

Baby name survey!

Dh and I are having a disagreement over the name Juliette. It is, by far, my favorite baby name and I really really want to use it. But, dh says anyone who hears the name will immediately think of Romeo & Juliet (and he hates that story.) This isn't true among the friends I've asked, but I figured I'd ask here too. So....does Juliette immediately remind you of Romeo & Juliet?

crazyeyesmcgee 01-13-2013 08:10 PM

Nope. I think of Lost :mrgreen:

AHASRADA 01-13-2013 08:12 PM

Yeah, pretty much. But, only for that first fleeting second when I hear it, then after meeting the person with that name I would start associating it with them.

4boys1girlforme 01-13-2013 08:15 PM

Re: Baby name survey!

I love the name Juliet- so much that it's my DD's middle name!

MyLovely 01-13-2013 08:17 PM

Yes, but I'm a self-proclaimed Shakespeare freak. I don't think it's a bad thing.

EmilytheStrange 01-13-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyesmcgee (Post 16154052)
Nope. I think of Lost :mrgreen:

yep!

We watched all the seasons of Lost during my pregnancy with DD. If I hadn't already had a girl name that I loved, I would have chosen Juliette from that show.

but it doesn't make me think of Shakespeare at all. Which, I guess it might if I didn't more recently associate it with Lost.

Marbie 01-13-2013 08:49 PM

I do think of Romeo and Juliet, but I come from a big Shakespeare family. It also is a popular enough name now that I wouldn't be too worried.

(Now, to be fair, someone in my family named their daughter Ophelia and I think that's nuts.)

waterisntsomething 01-13-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHASRADA (Post 16154065)
Yeah, pretty much. But, only for that first fleeting second when I hear it, then after meeting the person with that name I would start associating it with them.

:yeahthat: I like it though.

raymark 01-13-2013 09:04 PM

Yes, it immediately makes me think of Romeo & Juliet. But, I ADORE the name. DH has crossed it off our future name list because we have a cat named Romeo & DH would feel odd about having a Romeo & a Juliet LOL! I also love the name Adrian despite 'Rocky', but DH crossed it off our list because a beloved dog we lost to cancer was named Adrian....still miss him :(.

MyLovely 01-13-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marbie (Post 16154214)
I do think of Romeo and Juliet, but I come from a big Shakespeare family. It also is a popular enough name now that I wouldn't be too worried.

(Now, to be fair, someone in my family named their daughter Ophelia and I think that's nuts.)

The bad connotations sadden me because I think Ophelia is such a pretty name. On the one hand, what are the chances that any of her peers would know? On the other hand, I think she'd kill me :giggle:

One of my very best friends in the world and his girlfriend are expecting a boy soon, and they tell people they're naming him Oedipus to see how many people get it :giggle2: