Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Nursing gear (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481348)

twinpossible 01-14-2013 08:56 AM

Nursing gear

We had a very informative chat about the free insurance breast pumps going on FB the other week and I know some of you only do DS. So...I thought it might be good to start a thread here to help all the other mamas. Also, I know I personally need help finding deals on nursing bras and tanks so I thought we could share any coupons or sales here on any nursing gear we find.

Insurance pumps: I had the "run a round" experience with this recently. My insurance is great and will pick up the tab for a breast pump but the medical supply companies are a pain in the butt. If anyone has any questions about how to get a free pump through the ACA some of us are in the process of doing just that so feel free to ask questions.

Nursing gear: Zulily has some cute nursing bras right now. I might be a little too big in the boob for this style but it might work for some of you so here you go! Look under maternity and nursing.

UPDATE on 1/16 - REALLY cheap nursing bras on Zulily today ($12 for 2!). Too bad they only go up to a D cup or I would buy a ton of them! The brand is "A Mother's Love".

UPDATE ON 1/22 - There is a great nursing bra and tank sale on Zulily today, most of them are under $20!

UPDATE on 1/24 - two awesome deals, one on Target.com, they have Bravado nursing tanks for $17 :) Also on Zulily they have ORGANIC maternity / nursing tanks, I scored a beautiful one in a coral color!

UPDATE on 2/10 - very pretty nursing bras for a decent price on Zulily today. Here is the link: http://www.zulily.com/invite/aheidenberg399

sterlids 01-14-2013 02:58 PM

Re: Nursing gear

thanks! i know i need to start looking into nursing tanks. i have 2 bras right now at my normal size, i haven't gotten much bigger at all. i'm expecting to go up at least a cup size so i might order a few more at that cup size soon. you just never know how big you're gonna get. i'm at a 38C right now and i do remember getting up to a D with my son.

Sunshine915 01-14-2013 05:47 PM

I have completely forgotten about getting some nursing tanks/bras. After 2 kids who were breastfed for about a year and a half each...my current gear is looking quite sad. My underwear stash has seen better days, too...I need a whole new underclothes wardrobe! I'll be a brand new lady :)

twinpossible 01-15-2013 08:32 AM

I don't have much either, plus what I do have is WAY to small to use this time around. My boobs post twins were a D cup and my boobs so far this time around are an H cup and counting. It has been SO much harder to find nursing wear this time around. If anyone has giant planet sized boobs like me and can point me in the right direction that would be great!

mommy2fourmunchkins 01-15-2013 10:40 AM

I'm in a 36E right now and found a couple at babies r us. They're thyme maternity and very comfy. Retail is $36/each but they've been having quite a few 40% off sales if you watch.

emeyer76 01-15-2013 12:03 PM

This has been on my to-do list for a while and I haven't had a chance to dig in. So, any recommendations on how to start the process of getting a pump through insurance? TIA!

twinpossible 01-15-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2fourmunchkins (Post 16160733)
I'm in a 36E right now and found a couple at babies r us. They're thyme maternity and very comfy. Retail is $36/each but they've been having quite a few 40% off sales if you watch.

Our Babies R' Us is small and does not carry maternity :( I checked Target today and nothing there too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emeyer76 (Post 16161147)
This has been on my to-do list for a while and I haven't had a chance to dig in. So, any recommendations on how to start the process of getting a pump through insurance? TIA!

To start give your insurance a call, all of them handle this in different ways. After you know how they will pay then give us an update and we can help you out :) I would do this sooner rather then later, I have been working on it for about a month.

sterlids 01-15-2013 03:10 PM

anya- have you looked at walmart yet? or kohl's? i ordered my two bras from walmart and they are pretty comfy.

i'm not sure where to order tanks from. we have an extremely small maternity underwear section in our bx. i think they have some lamaze tanks though.

emeyer76 01-15-2013 04:06 PM

Oh my... this is going to take some work, isn't it?? I called my insurance and they were stellar, the only problem is that everyone is out of stock, it seems! Thank you for posting this Anya - I'm glad I'm getting started early!!!! So my insurance sent me a loooooong list of medical equipment suppliers to call and talk to, so I'm starting my calls. So far they are all out of stock, but they all think they will get some in before mid-March, so that is encouraging.

Now I guess I just have to decide if I want to "buy" a Medela-type, or "rent" a hospital grade? I had a Medela with DS and it was perfectly fine - I had a very healthy supply, LOL, and ended up donating tons of milk to Mother's Milk Bank. Are there any major advantages to hospital grade? I work f/t, but work from home (kiddos will be with my parents and I can go nurse at lunch). Wondering if hospital grade would be significantly better? Anyone compare?

And I don't even want to think about nursing tanks :( I am much heavier this time around, but I have sooooo many still from DS that I hate to buy more!

77Lipen 01-15-2013 04:13 PM

I don't have any nursing tops or bras (well I have the bras but don't use them). I have a nursing drape if we're out and I just hike up my shirt. And flop my boob out of my now favorite bra (la senza sports bra). The only reason I use the drape is because I'm a bit self conscious about the 'extra' I have from pregnancy.
I have one nursing top my mom for me, I've never 'used' it for nursing, just to wear.

So if you don't mind destroying a comfy bra and letting your belly show... Don't worry about tops and bras. Maybe a cover js all I really worry about.