Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Do you feel the need to know where your child is? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481503)

earthflower 01-14-2013 04:49 PM

Do you feel the need to know where your child is?

Do you feel you have to know where your child is going to be in general, if they are going somewhere with your family or even if your Dh/So takes them out somewhere. Just wondering.

ETA~ Sorry, I was going to make a poll but I submitted this too soon and put in the wrong forum.

somo_chickenlady 01-14-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Do you feel the need to know where you child is?

Nope. If I trust them to have my son, I trust them completely. While we were up visiting for Christmas, DS was staying at my SIL's house to spend time with his cousin. We were in the area and we stopped by to use their restroom, and DS was gone with his older cousin (20yrs) and her boyfriend (21yrs) to get Taco Bell. It didn't bother me in the slightest. When DS was younger, when my mom would watch DS for us, she would drive him around all over the place, most of the time I had no clue where she would take him. Again, didn't bother me.

sisu 01-14-2013 04:52 PM

Yes!! If my husband takes them out shopping I don't need a list of stores they're going to or anything, but I'd expect an exact location from anyone else.

mibarra 01-14-2013 04:52 PM

Yes, in general.

megenic 01-14-2013 04:54 PM

My kids only go places with DH, and I like to know where they are - but only because I'm a control freak. It's not that Im worried or paranoid. If I had a sitter or (shudder at the thought) had my parents take them somewhere, I would want to know their general whereabouts. The thought of not knowing where my kids are freaks me out. Whenever I see shows about natural disaster where daycares are affected I nearly go into cardiac arrest at the thought of wondering where my children are and if they are okay. Not normal, I know :S

Art mama 01-14-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthflower
Do you feel you have to know where your child is going to be in general, if they are going somewhere with your family or even if your Dh/So takes them out somewhere. Just wondering.

I do. My dd is 6 now and I'm not quite as bad as long as she's with my mom or her daddy. But for the most part yes. I feel that you need to know in case of an emergency.

I'm divorced and her daddy got her at preschool at noon one day without me knowing. He usually picked her up at 3. I had no problem with him getting her early but u didn't like thinking she was at school and her being gone three hours without me knowing.

I also always let her daddy know if we are going somewhere overnight or even out of town for the day.

JennTheMomma 01-14-2013 04:54 PM

Re: Do you feel the need to know where your child is?

No. I trust my family and DH with my children.

Gerdgrid 01-14-2013 04:55 PM

Yes, I like to have a general idea of where my kids will be and what they will be doing. Terrible and/or unexpected things can happen and I'd like to at least have a starting point for tracking people down.

ulawolf 01-14-2013 04:55 PM

I need to know where my kids are even if that means they say they are out with dh or my folks or a family member. I don't need exacts if they are with someone I trust. Also my 18 year old lets me know she is running errands, working, at a specific friends but I might not know she went to target specifically.

eljube112 01-14-2013 04:56 PM

not really. obviously I wouldn't let them go anywhere with someone I didn't know and trust, and if I know and trust them, then I can trust that they will keep my kids safe.

at church, I find myself frequently wondering where my kids are and whose holding the baby now. :giggle: so far, they've always been returned.