Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Testing the WAHM Waters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Opening an Etsy Shop (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481953)

adjroberts 01-15-2013 07:51 PM

Opening an Etsy Shop

Advice? Is it worth it to sell on Etsy?

SootheBaby 01-16-2013 11:25 AM

Re: Opening an Etsy Shop

It depends. If you have a unique product that's well made then your sales could really take off. Take some time to develop your business plan and do some research before launching into opening a shop.

adjroberts 01-16-2013 12:10 PM

Ok thanks! Good advice :)

eracheld 01-16-2013 10:41 PM

I will not tell you that it is not worth it. What I will tell you is that my Facebook sales have kept me far busier than I think etsy ever could. There is a HUGE DIY boom going on right now. With Pinterest everyone thinks they can make and do everything, and get paid for it. My advice is to take a lot of time planning and getting your shop exactly how you want it, and also your business Facebook page. You can work on your Facebook page without "publishing" it. A friend of mine who has is successful on etsy gave me some great advice. She said that your first year you will spend doing more giveaways, auctions, etc. that you will think, "what's the point?" But if you hang in there and keep your page active, people will notice and you can really get yourself out there. What type of business do you want to start?

adjroberts 01-16-2013 10:44 PM

Thanks! That is all really good advice!
Children's clothes. Dresses, skirts, boy shorts and hat sets, etc. Also rice boo boo packs and cloth wipes/unpaper towels

eracheld 01-16-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adjroberts
Thanks! That is all really good advice!
Children's clothes. Dresses, skirts, boy shorts and hat sets, etc. Also rice boo boo packs and cloth wipes/unpaper towels

That sounds similar to what I do! So definitely do as much as you can to set up your shop behind the scenes (including getting your LLC, business accounts, etc) and then network, network, network!!!

adjroberts 01-16-2013 11:02 PM

Thank you!

bizybee 02-16-2013 03:10 PM

I'm glad I got on here. I had the same question about opening an Etsy shop. Mine would be for jewelry and hair accessories. I didn't know you could actually sell on Facebook. I'm happy to get advice by default :) Thanks! And good luck to you, adjroberts, I hope you are successful.

adjroberts 02-16-2013 06:35 PM

Thanks! You too! I opened my shop and have already sold my first item!

MIpiccolo44 02-16-2013 08:03 PM

I just bought from soothebaby off of etsy and am excitedly waiting my stuff =)