Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Potty training a girl (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482007)

sandhillcranes 01-15-2013 10:00 PM

Potty training a girl

What worked for your daughter? When did you start? Did you use a small potty?

Shimpie 01-16-2013 02:55 AM

Re: Potty training a girl

Started familiarizing DD with a little Bjorn potty at 18 months. We read a potty book. She wan't too interested until 22 months and wanted to use a seat on the toilet. We keep the potty in the back of the car for road trips and potty needs when we're out and abut. Although DD uses a toilet at home, she won't use loud public restroom toilets. That's pretty common from what I hear.

It took DD about one month to control her pee, which was immediately followed with poop and night training at DD's lead. She was fully potty trained in two months. The stages are normal, but I hear it's usually spread over more than a couple months with many kids.

RockinLou 01-17-2013 11:25 PM

I tried at 22 months with DD and after 36 hours of misery, we gave up! At 25 months she had surgery, and was out on some intense medications for 6 months. During that six months DS was born. She also had CRAZY pee issues with the meds, so when she was off them at 31 months we were in the process of moving! LOL. At 33 months we trained her in 4 days. She could have done it much earlier if it hadn't been for the medical issues, because really when she was 22 months she was sick already and we hadn't diagnosed her. I think you can surf these forums and feel guilty about not PTing by 24 months... Or you can look at your life and find when you will truly have the time to dedicate to the process and go for it. If you have that time at 20 months, great! If you don't have it until 38 months, don't feel bad! PTing is a time consuming and often emotional time.

crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ 01-21-2013 07:59 AM

stalking this!
I have a 2.5 year old daughter who will pee in the potty when she feels like it, but more often than not she doesn't. we have a small potty for her that she loves to sit on.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

joyous 01-22-2013 08:31 AM

We just started with my 21 month old DD a couple weeks ago. She's had a potty for a while. During the day she's in undies and we ask her if she has to go potty every hour or so. She'll also tell us. Most days she has 1, maybe 2 accidents. They usually happen when she's busy playing and I'm doing something like cooking dinner.

She hasn't pooped in a diaper in a couple months which is the best. No spraying! I wouldn't consider her fully trained yet, at all. But we're making progress. Still in a diaper for naps, nighttime, and the carseat.

abunchoflemons 01-22-2013 08:56 AM

I tried at like 18 month or so with oldest in small potty. It took few yrs cuz her interest came & went. Cheerin for poo & try rewards kinda helped. Poo. Was harder for us but pee was ok I think at 3 yrs. We moved so little reverting. Cheer crowd was house inspector idea that helped them....

nbert921 01-22-2013 09:50 AM

i'm subbing this...i have an almost 21 month old dd and i'd like to start PLing her-at least trying. she has little interest. she sits on the potty but never goes on it. she'll put it on her head or put her stuffed animals on it to pretend they are going potty. i just don't even know where to start.

my2sweets 01-22-2013 01:13 PM

I put a little potty out at about 20mos or so and started reading lots of books. Then I tried pting when she turned 2. I gave up on the 2nd day. She couldnt have cared less and I did nothing but train myself to constantly look at the clock and clean up messes. On the 3rd day I told her what she needed to do and why and then left her alone. At 29mos she decided she wanted to potty and that was that. No watching the clock. No messes. Just one day she wanted to wear big girl panties and use the potty. The end lol

For dd2 I brought the little potty back out around 20mos again. Showed her the potty books and just put them in her room. When she wanted to she had me read them and we'd talk about why and how we go potty. The week before she turned 3 she decided to start using the potty. Again no clock watching or messes.