Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   PP reveiw of payment? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482059)

gutterflower3 01-16-2013 08:38 AM

PP reveiw of payment?

I hope this is an ok place to post this question. I have never had this happen before. I received a payment from someone on here and got an email saying:

"To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment.
The Payment Review may take up to 24 hours. When we've completed the review, we'll either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment clears: You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transaction Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.
You shouldn't ship the item until we let you know that the payment has cleared. We'll send you an email when we complete the review or you can check the Transaction History tab of your PayPal account."

on my PP account it says not to ship yet. has anyone had this happen before and what does it mean?

pumpkinseeds 01-16-2013 11:08 AM

Re: PP reveiw of payment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutterflower3 (Post 16164552)
I hope this is an ok place to post this question. I have never had this happen before. I received a payment from someone on here and got an email saying:

"To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment.
The Payment Review may take up to 24 hours. When we've completed the review, we'll either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment clears: You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transaction Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.
You shouldn't ship the item until we let you know that the payment has cleared. We'll send you an email when we complete the review or you can check the Transaction History tab of your PayPal account."

on my PP account it says not to ship yet. has anyone had this happen before and what does it mean?

It means its a potentially fraudulent transaction. Either the CC owner reported it lost, stolen, or is disputing the charge, or has a history of disputing charges with paypal, etc. Contact your buyer.

gutterflower3 01-16-2013 02:57 PM

i told them but they didnt say anything about it. is there anything else i should do?

MamaHare 01-16-2013 04:52 PM

I would just let paypal do their thing and once they clear it, you ship. if they cancel it, then re-list your item(s). it could be any number of "innocent" reasons, like change of address, lots of spending, etc. Just do what paypal tells you to do. :)

gutterflower3 01-16-2013 05:17 PM

thanks. it just made me very nervous this has never happened before

MamaHare 01-16-2013 05:52 PM

yeah, I've never heard of it either, and I'd be a little curious what's going on, too. But in this case, I'd just let paypal tell me what to do :) that way you're covered.

mmeneely 01-16-2013 05:52 PM

I have seen it and all was okay once it cleared. Perhaps it was a new account awaiting the address confirmation (can't recall the proper term) or in the process of being linked to their bank account? I have also been refunded and it has had a hold on it to clear as well.

pumpkinseeds 01-16-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaHare
I would just let paypal do their thing and once they clear it, you ship. if they cancel it, then re-list your item(s). it could be any number of "innocent" reasons, like change of address, lots of spending, etc. Just do what paypal tells you to do. :)

This :)