Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Blood in diaper?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482140)

my2sweets 01-16-2013 11:19 AM

Im about to freak out....Ijust changed my 4wks old diaper and there appears to be blood? in it. Its red tinged and part of it looks like blood tinged snot. Any one deal with this before?

-I called the ped and am waiting for a nurse to call me back.

Update- just got back from the peds. She said it looked like milk intolerance. Was going to put him on soy but since he's a gassy little guy she went with nutramigen. Said we should see a difference in about 3days if thats it. Hopefully this will help. I did forget to ask if littles outgrow this or will we always have to watch out for dairy now-for those that have dealt with a dairy intolerance what was your experience?

Bhavana 01-16-2013 11:24 AM

Re: Blood in diaper?!

hey mama, I would ask you to relax. Its probably uric acid build up. Google uric acid in diaper/ some such and you may find images that'll seem similar to your kids. DS2 also had it..and googling helped resolve my fears.

my2sweets 01-16-2013 12:04 PM

Ok googled it but I dont think thats it. I went back and looked at some dirty disposables from last night and the night before and pee cloth diapers(poo has already been rinsed). Its not in pee diapers just mixed with stool-in 1 other diaper-(probably should have that in the op). Well from what I can tell theres a layer of this red and red/snotty stuff and then the stool with a little mixed in.

l_Kimmie_l 01-16-2013 12:16 PM

Dairy allergy is the first thing I thought of, as it happened to my 3rd son.

Bhavana 01-16-2013 12:23 PM

Aaah, so you think he is pooping blood? If he is eating well/soiling normally, no fever/unrest I would probably wait and watch. Could it also be that pooping is pushing out the uric acid crystals and you are hence finding it only on the soiled dipes?

sisu 01-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l (Post 16165964)
Dairy allergy is the first thing I thought of, as it happened to my 3rd son.

This was my thought too.

wordmama 01-16-2013 01:18 PM

My DD has had episodes of bloody stool since she was 3 months old. Is your LO EBF? My pediatrician said that 90% of bloody stool episodes are either a fissure from straining or a dairy allergy. Has your LO been fussy? Gassy?

I would make an appointment with your doc. It's probably not an emergency, but only your doc can know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Computermama 01-16-2013 01:36 PM

Talk to a doctor. It may be something benign, but when DD was having gut issues, poop that looked like red jello was a big warning sign that they wanted me to call right away for.

my2sweets 01-16-2013 04:26 PM

Bump for update

Tina5834 01-16-2013 04:36 PM

One of my children used that formula for about a year and a half. At 16 months we started slowly adding milk back into his diet. He took it just fine and no longer has dairy allergies.