Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 16-31) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482146)

TS8213 01-16-2013 11:32 AM

Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 16-31)

This group is for ladies who are pregnant after a loss. Under the "spoiler" tags are the lists of those who are currently pregnant and those who have had their rainbow babies. If you would like to be added to either list, please send a PM to the current original poster of the thread. The lists have been hidden to avoid "triggers" for people.

Still baking :preggo:

Hidden:

* abhernandez (Alice), due 2.10.13
* NutMeg4189, due 3.2.13
* TS8213 (Trace), 4th pregnancy, due 3.7.13
* Sunshine915 (Lauren), 4th pregnancy, due 3.12.13
* emeyer76 (Erica), 5th pregnancy, due 3.23.12
* lilbitcrunchy (Heather), 6th pregnancy, due 3.26.13
* sterlids, due 3.28.13
* happymama1 (Kristen), 7th pregnancy, due 3.30.13
* canadianbakers (Elena), 11th pregnancy, due 4.14.13
* RunawayBunny, 3rd pregnancy, due 4.15.13
* leyash, due 5.8.13
* Ingrid5699 (Ingrid), 6th pregnancy, due 5.30.13
* myblessedbaby (Kate), 9th pregnancy, due 5.30.13
* newcdmommy29 (Erica), 4th pregnancy, due 6.13.13
* carlycurry (Carly), 3rd pregnancy, due 6.28.13
* PaisleyDeann (Amanda), 4th pregnancy, due 7.15.13
* leviandgarettsmom (Deanna), due 7.21.13
* momto2princesses (Kirra), due 8.8.13
* stevensmom (Erica), due 8.27.13

R a i n b o w s have arrived! :wub:

Hidden:
* crunchymom2b (Alycia), 3rd pregnancy (2nd child), Vinny born 9.3.2012
* ChocolateMoose (Melissa), 7th pregnancy (8th child, 4th surviving baby), Andrew born 9.12.201
* Edensmomma (Jena), 4th pregnancy, Callista Joy born 12.21.12
* Harmony96 (Andrea), 4th pregnancy, Josiah Nathan born 12.31.12
* cristy_1996 (Cristy), Laila Amelia born 1.15.13
* finleyjudemommy (Susan), Maeve Isabelle born 1.25.13

yellowitchgrl 01-16-2013 11:35 AM

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Jan 16-31)

:popcorn:

TS8213 01-16-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96 (Post 16159066)
I can barely see the screen to type this b/c I'm over here bawling. My first day alone with three kids was a total disaster. "They" say that if someone has a hard time going from one to two children then it's easier going from two to three, and that if someone has an easy time going from one to two children then it's harder going from two to three. I thought I had a hard time going from one to two, but now I'm having an impossible time going from two to three. My kids have so many behavior issues that I can't seem to get a handle on and I'm very discouraged. :(

:hugs: Andrea. I just want to echo what the others have already said. Hopefully that adjustment period will be short and quick, everyone will settle into their new normal routines and things will settle back down. I've always heard it's harder going from 1 to 2 than it is from 2 to 3, but I've never really believed it. I mean, how could it be any easier? An extra person to tend to and split attention with, etc. I'm preparing myself for the difficulties I'm expecting DS to give me once this new baby arrives. He's always been one to test the limits and push me to the brink. Thankfully he's a bit older so maybe it won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be in my head. Anywho, hang in there. :hugs:

TS8213 01-16-2013 11:38 AM

Had our growth u/s and another NST this morning. The little lady weighs about 4 lbs 14 oz and is measuring about a week ahead of schedule. The MCA doppler numbers were good, as were the fluid levels (I assume because I forgot to ask about them). She was being a bit finicky with the NST. Whenever she'd move a certain way she'd cause some good contractions. Didn't have as many accels in her HR either, but the RN talked to the MFM doc about it, who must've been ok with what she saw because I didn't have to stay hooked up any longer. Made my next 4 week's worth of appts with MFM, concluding with another growth u/s at 37w on Valentine's Day. At this rate this little gal might make it past 37w, which is a good thing!

DH got the crib all set up last night and we got all the bedding put in. This morning after my appt I picked up the changing table I got off of a local FB b/s/t group. Hit up Marshall's and TJMaxx for some baskets to go on the table and found just what I was looking for. That being said, I only found 3 and I need 2 more. Will have to keep searching. Now that the crib is set up, we have diapers washed and we have the carseat...I can say that I officially feel ready for her whenever she decides to come.

canadianbakers 01-16-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS8213 (Post 16165750)
Had our growth u/s and another NST this morning.

I can say that I officially feel ready for her whenever she decides to come.

:thumbsup: awesome appt, it sounds like!

:) We are nowhere in the vicinity of even getting ready for Hiccup yet. Ah well, it'll happen. All the stuff is here, except a car seat, and even then I have one we could use just not what we want. I'm in no rush to pull things out just yet. Give it another couple months.

ingrid5699 01-16-2013 12:26 PM

Susan-wow you are next to have a baby here!!! I remember when you got your BFP last year.

Trace-sounds like a good appointment. I do hope you make it past 37w.

Carly-yay for a girl! I love having one of each and my son is sooooo sweet with his little sister.

Andrea-(((((Hugs))))) I doubt anyone can predict what adding a child does to your family but I do know a lot depends on the kids you already have and the baby's temperament. For me going from 1 to 2 was awful but then again DD was as high needs as they come, screamed whenever I attempted to put her down and didn't sleep and DS had just turned 2 so was a baby himself. It sounds like especially your DD doesn't do well with change so I think I would try to find things to make it easier on her. How is the newbie doing? Are you getting any sleep? Sleep is such a key to feeling well and you probably are not getting much if your 2 others are home. Any way to get a mother's helper for a few hours a week? I love my mother's helper though she is now turning 16 so old enough to be a regular sitter (and I probably need to pay her more then!). She started when she was 13 so has been with us for almost 3 years now. She plays with the kids and I can catch up on housework or sleep.

AFM Had my level 2 u/s today and while baby is healthy I have a placenta praevia marginalis (the edge of the placenta touches the cervix and there are some placenta vessels over the cervix). Basically I'm on restricted activity-no lifting/carrying at all and we pray it moves or it will have to be an automatic c/s. So let's hope it does just that because after 2 speedy vaginal deliveries I don't really want a c/s. Baby is transverse right now but I refuse to worry about this at 21w. (he flops around all the time and I can feel him doing that) Still very much a boy and I am slowly buying all the summery stuff I need for him. Still need to check if we can get a carseat base for our still good carseat (that can be used with no base too). And we found out that even though DH is changing companies we get to keep our 7 seater company van! YAY for that because it's so nice to go on outings etc and be able to easily take my parents along. Our builders have assured me that they will be ready late April. Not holding my breath on it but it sure would be nice to have the room and be able to get everything ready before baby comes. No biggie if not because baby will sleep with me anyway at first.

finleyjudemommy 01-16-2013 12:43 PM

I know! It has been such a dollar coaster this time. Beta didn't rise like it was supposed to (started out with 3 babies which was why they did what they did), bleeding at 10 ish weeks b/c of the collapsing sacs and a couple of other trips to L & D....I really can't believe I only have 2 weeks!

Harmony96 01-16-2013 12:47 PM

:popcorn:

canadianbakers 01-16-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingrid5699 (Post 16166015)
AFM Had my level 2 u/s today and while baby is healthy I have a placenta praevia marginalis (the edge of the placenta touches the cervix and there are some placenta vessels over the cervix). Basically I'm on restricted activity-no lifting/carrying at all and we pray it moves or it will have to be an automatic c/s. So let's hope it does just that because after 2 speedy vaginal deliveries I don't really want a c/s. Baby is transverse right now but I refuse to worry about this at 21w. (he flops around all the time and I can feel him doing that)

:crossfingers: the placenta will move for you. If not, and you do have a c-sec, you can at least know that it was necessary, kwim? You'd never have to worry or wonder if it was because of this or that choice or intervention.
I had a c-sec with DS2 and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I still would prefer a vaginal delivery, but at least I know a c-sec can be okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy (Post 16166095)
I know! It has been such a dollar coaster this time. Beta didn't rise like it was supposed to (started out with 3 babies which was why they did what they did), bleeding at 10 ish weeks b/c of the collapsing sacs and a couple of other trips to L & D....I really can't believe I only have 2 weeks!

:hugs: I didn't know about the other 2 babies. I'm sorry.

stevensmom 01-16-2013 01:38 PM

feeling "weird" today. Was picking up my script at Target and started getting that feeling like I had with my last m/c :(

came home and could barely eat lunch. Laid down and felt a bit better but as soon as I got up that "feeling" came back.

I hate this anxiety. :(