Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   baby died at 7 weeks, delivered at 10 1/2 weeks :/ (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1482192)

homebirthmom 01-16-2013 01:28 PM

baby died at 7 weeks, delivered at 10 1/2 weeks :/

(Update down below)

Im really questioning alot here.
had 2 heavy bleeds w clots. cervix short and I had some lessoning of symptoms but now I have major nausea again, shortness of breathe and tired. boobs still sore yet no longer constipated.
so I am wondering if im going to have symptoms till I pass baby or perhaps I am indeed still pregnant and maybe I just need more time to see a heartbeat. I was only off by 3 days. went in at 7 weeks and 3 days and baby measured 7 weeks- no heartbeat. no bleeding.

if I indeed lost baby, then I want to get on with the miscarriage so I dont feel ill anymore. i planned to take herbs but also know if i do it before the tissue starts to pull away naturally, I will just bleed and possibly hemmorage. nor will i take herbs if there is a chance baby is alive.
I will probably get another ultrasound out of town, so im sure i will get more info. but it may be a day or 2... I have been sick for over 40 days now and I am just ready to feel normal and better.

of course I know of moms who were told baby died, and it wasn't and there are a bunch of stories online too. BUT maybe I am just being hopeful

any of you have a + even after a miscarriage or you didnt pass tissue? this is driving me nuts!!

update: page 3. baby indeed died and I am waiting to miscarry.

Update again: its been 3 weeks and still havent passed baby. im more than irritated its taking so long but am not doing a d&c. my tests are blazing + yet too, which I guess would explain the on and off nausea

1/30/13 took angelica root today and it worked. bleeding started at noonish. water broke @9:45, tissue passed 15 minutes later. i had a blazing + test yet today i think cause the tissue kept growing but if i can see fetus (not sure) its disolved some and shrunk. glad its ending now.

Feb 1: had a full on labor for 4 hrs w contrx 2-3 min apart, I hemmorhaged and passed a huge very healthy piece of tissue that was 10 weeks gestation. (5x6inches) bleeding slowed right after but still medium w clots. recovering from this all :(

Feb 3: major headache, sweats and down 2 lbs due to drop in hormones. very pale but more energy and less tired in general. medium flow. colostrum easily expressed.

Feb 5: syrupy blood again, smells icky. had some sharp pains come and go near ovary, by noon was bleeding heavy w clots and passed more tissue that looked like placenta (thick/dense with white tiny vein like lines thru and dark) not a clot for sure. bright red blood all day but tapered after. next day NO blood.

Feb 10: light + preg test. still spotting on an off.

Feb 16: feeling like I am going to O yet still spotting on and off and have a faint + preg test yet. read you can O if hcg is under 20 and I believe I am at around 12 since test is light but noticeable.
I feel no sickness and i have energy and am eating normal again. so nice to not feel like I have the flu all day but I also have baby fever.

stevensmom 01-16-2013 01:30 PM

Re: for those w miscarriage after 7 weeks

I would go get another u/s before doing anything drastic. If that confirms no hb then I would start the process.

:bighug:

cdeweese 01-16-2013 01:33 PM

Don't do anything yet! I had heavy bleeding and clots off and until 10 weeks (didn't see a heartbeat until 8 1/2). Baby measured small and everything. I'm now 24 weeks with a healthy perfectly average-sized baby :)

homebirthmom 01-16-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdeweese (Post 16166373)
Don't do anything yet! I had heavy bleeding and clots off and until 10 weeks (didn't see a heartbeat until 8 1/2). Baby measured small and everything. I'm now 24 weeks with a healthy perfectly average-sized baby :)

see thats what Im worried about.
did you see a yolk sac? i have a full on placenta and a small yolk sac seen on screen but dr says none and the fluid inside was low BUT I was having contractions when they scanned me so naturally it would appear smaller. now I did not see any movement in baby and when they did the blood flow for 1 second I didnt see anything near baby. the lady would not even try for a heartbeat but I clearly did not see a heart beating. cervix long and shut. no bleeding on scan. and honestly 3 days off is not a biggie to me. babies grow at all different rates.

I am not familiar w really early ultrasounds and although I showed signs of impending miscarriage, I am literally doing nothing now. the only thing that would make me think I was still about to have it is my cervix went from a tight skinny tube to half the length and tip is fat and squishy w it opened a bit. but again no contractions, still super ill and feeling pregnant.
so mama, please tell me what you saw at your 8 1/2 weeks US.

homebirthmom 01-16-2013 02:30 PM

and yes i have the option of a hcg test but it will take a week to figure out where I am and where I am going. its stressful enough waiting as it is.

homebirthmom 01-16-2013 06:13 PM

tried with doppler and got nothing BUT typically you dont get it till more like 9 weeks on a doppler

asteiner18 01-16-2013 06:23 PM

:hugs: I am spotting at 6 weeks and trying hard to remain hopeful too. Prayers for us both.

stevensmom 01-16-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebirthmom (Post 16167748)
tried with doppler and got nothing BUT typically you dont get it till more like 9 weeks on a doppler

:hugs:

I haven't check with my doppler yet (because a friend still has it)...however another friend just got to hear her babies on the doppler at 7.5 weeks...but she is very skinny

everyone is different on if they can hear them or not, with their body types

megshmeg 01-16-2013 06:36 PM

I SO know how hard it is to wait through that -- I waited over a month for my baby to pass during my last miscarriage. But I recommend waiting; I have read so many stories of mamas who went back to check at another u/s and the baby was FINE, even though she had been bleeding, etc.

I will also say that I did still have some preggo/sick feelings after my 2 miscarriages for a short while, until HCG levels went down more, but not very long until I started feeling better... how long since you had the bleed/clots?

This might be sensitive to ask, and I am sorry if it upsets you. If the u/s was only 3 days off, and baby died @ 7 weeks, were you able to see anything recognizable in your clotting? With my m/c's I identified the sac, in my 2nd (baby only measured 6 weeks) we also identified the baby when I passed him/her. It was different from the other clotting. That was how I knew.

homebirthmom 01-16-2013 06:37 PM

im skinny too but have never heard it prior to 8 1/2 weeks... my babies always hide down low and this one is there too.
I will try in morning when the uterus is up high from my bladder being full.
grr. I hate this not knowing stuff... or perhaps just my need to question it all.